Psycho-Babble Faith Thread 964401

Shown: posts 1 to 16 of 16. This is the beginning of the thread.

 

how to get out

Posted by medamorphosis on October 1, 2010, at 15:05:49

Ok, i couldn't think of anywhere else to post this except here.
I just need a hand with something. Something bad.
How do I get out of hell? Is it because of what Ive done in this life or another? Why have i been put here? And why this place? Death would be bliss in comparison. Im SURE. Well, at least nothing could be worse. So oh wise people of religion, can i get out or not? And how?

Side note- im NOT religious in any way, though i do have my own ideas and thoughts on the matter. IMHO Religion is the root to all chaos- war, greed, money, death. But i believe in hell coz thats where i must be. Its so cold here.

med

 

Death must be better than this. Evidence provails (nm)

Posted by medamorphosis on October 1, 2010, at 16:32:22

In reply to how to get out, posted by medamorphosis on October 1, 2010, at 15:05:49

 

Lou's request-howdueigh medamorphosis

Posted by Lou Pilder on October 1, 2010, at 20:47:41

In reply to how to get out, posted by medamorphosis on October 1, 2010, at 15:05:49

> Ok, i couldn't think of anywhere else to post this except here.
> I just need a hand with something. Something bad.
> How do I get out of hell? Is it because of what Ive done in this life or another? Why have i been put here? And why this place? Death would be bliss in comparison. Im SURE. Well, at least nothing could be worse. So oh wise people of religion, can i get out or not? And how?
>
> Side note- im NOT religious in any way, though i do have my own ideas and thoughts on the matter. IMHO Religion is the root to all chaos- war, greed, money, death. But i believe in hell coz thats where i must be. Its so cold here.
>
> med
>
> med,
You wrote,[...how do I...?]
If you could post answers to the following, then I could have the opportunity to respond to your question.
A. Are you taking psychotropic drugs?
B. If so, what?
C. and if so, for how long?
D. other questions if the above are answerd
Lou

 

Re: how to get out medamorphosis

Posted by hyperfocus on October 3, 2010, at 23:19:50

In reply to how to get out, posted by medamorphosis on October 1, 2010, at 15:05:49

I have AvPD and major depression too and yes, hell would a succinct description of this affliction. Can't stand to be with people. Can't stand to be by yourself. It's painful just to live or breathe or think. Many, many times life seems pointless and death seems like a blessing.

Only two things I can tell you are that a. There IS a reason you're going through this, even though you don't know what it is, and b. Why not roll the dice and say a prayer? What have you got to lose? Be rational - if you've tried medicine and psychology then what have you not tried? I found Psalms 25, 23 and 10 to be consoling. I also liked reading the Book of Job. Start from there and see where it goes. If it makes you feel better then what's the harm? No contract required, pay only for what you use.


Also keep in mind that God, if He exists, is not just a consoler, but also a redeemer and avenger. If you believed you have unfairly had things taken from you, you might be surprised at what you get back. If you believe you tried to be righteous and people have wronged you unjustly, you might be surprised at how their lives turned out. The truth can and will set you free.

 

Re: Lou's request-howdueigh Lou Pilder

Posted by medamorphosis on October 3, 2010, at 23:24:47

In reply to Lou's request-howdueigh medamorphosis, posted by Lou Pilder on October 1, 2010, at 20:47:41

> > Ok, i couldn't think of anywhere else to post this except here.
> > I just need a hand with something. Something bad.
> > How do I get out of hell? Is it because of what Ive done in this life or another? Why have i been put here? And why this place? Death would be bliss in comparison. Im SURE. Well, at least nothing could be worse. So oh wise people of religion, can i get out or not? And how?
> >
> > Side note- im NOT religious in any way, though i do have my own ideas and thoughts on the matter. IMHO Religion is the root to all chaos- war, greed, money, death. But i believe in hell coz thats where i must be. Its so cold here.
> >
> > med
> >
> > med,
> You wrote,[...how do I...?]
> If you could post answers to the following, then I could have the opportunity to respond to your question.
> A. Are you taking psychotropic drugs?
> B. If so, what?
> C. and if so, for how long?
> D. other questions if the above are answerd
> Lou
>
>

A = yes. B = 'check my signature'. C = 11+yrs

I believe hell is on earth. Not down some bottomless pit of fire and lost souls. But people seem to live outside of here, whether on meds or not. So i dont see the argument thier. Anyway, ive been here longer than ive been taking any mind changing drugs. Its like im inside a soundproof glass box. Nobody hears me and i understand nothing. Maybe i should re-phrase it to 'My hell'. Hell nonetheless.

 

Re: how to get out hyperfocus

Posted by medamorphosis on October 3, 2010, at 23:36:34

In reply to Re: how to get out medamorphosis, posted by hyperfocus on October 3, 2010, at 23:19:50

I suppose i fear religion. It feels too cult-like. I've been to many an AA meeting, and each time was worse than the next. I felt wrong thier. Like the place doesn't want me thier. And they've all been based inside some sort of church or place of prayer, mainly for hire costs i imagine. So, am I evil if im not wanted in these temples of God?
And i do appologise, but i have no idea whatsoever what the Book of Job is or Psalms 25, 23 and 10. It sound all Greek to me...

 

Re: Lou's request-howdueigh Lou Pilder

Posted by medamorphosis on October 3, 2010, at 23:39:01

In reply to Lou's request-howdueigh medamorphosis, posted by Lou Pilder on October 1, 2010, at 20:47:41


> You wrote,[...how do I...?]

Yes, aka wheres the door, or the secret passage out. Im sure you know what i meant.

 

Re: how to get out hyperfocus

Posted by medamorphosis on October 3, 2010, at 23:47:19

In reply to Re: how to get out medamorphosis, posted by hyperfocus on October 3, 2010, at 23:19:50

> Only two things I can tell you are that a. There IS a reason you're going through this, even though you don't know what it is

Sounds like a very cruel joke to me. If there is a God, when i meet Him I'm taking him down. Maybe i should research to find His weekspot. Thet'll teach Him, to fool with peoples lives.

Do I sond angry? I am. But serious nonetheless. I'll carry out my task. Maybe thats what i was born to do...

Im typical white British btw with no beliefs. Just ifs.

 

Re: how to get out medamorphosis

Posted by hyperfocus on October 4, 2010, at 0:23:36

In reply to Re: how to get out hyperfocus, posted by medamorphosis on October 3, 2010, at 23:47:19

I'm pretty pissed too actually. God seems like he really has it in for me; but not just me, lots of people.

Like I said I don't know why we have to go through this, just like I don't know why Stalin and Mao Zedong and Pol Pot were allowed to exterminate tens of millions of good, innocent people. The problem of evil is the greatest unsolved riddle in Christianity.

This might not help you much but just know that there are people (me for one) that go through the same thing you go through every day. There are also billions of people all over the world who have it much worse. Right now there are people who live in a tent city in the desert and just getting a glass of water to drink can be a fatal adventure. 2 billion people live on less than $2 a day. If you live in Zimbabwe you get to see your president accumulate billions of dollars of wealth while you daughter dies from starvation and cholera. I could go on but I don't have to.

Pain, suffering, oppression, bondage, poverty, cruelty...Our enemies laugh at us and mock us while they sing and carouse in their palaces. Our presidents and prime ministers make rousing speeches at the UN and get standing ovations, while their secret police tortures and kills my brother who dares to demand a shred of decency from our leaders. This is how the world is. Maybe some people are strong enough to deal with life without God. But I'm not strong like that. Maybe God is a fantasy, a delusion, an emotional crutch for weak-minded people. Well if it is so what? If it makes you feel better then what's the harm? I believe there's a reason that you and I and everybody else suffer. So what if it's true or not? Billions of people drink and smoke and ingest all types of substances to escape reality. So why is praying or believing any different?

Like I said, if something makes you feel better then why not do it? If you've tried everything else then why not try this? There's no contract to sign, and a lifetime money-back guarantee. If you don't like what you get send it back and we'll refund the full purchase price plus S+H.

 

Re: how to get out hyperfocus

Posted by medamorphosis on October 4, 2010, at 0:57:43

In reply to Re: how to get out medamorphosis, posted by hyperfocus on October 4, 2010, at 0:23:36

Good luck with what u are doing. Sounds like it helps.
Me? Im outa here.

med

 

Re: how to get out medamorphosis

Posted by hyperfocus on October 4, 2010, at 1:24:42

In reply to Re: how to get out hyperfocus, posted by medamorphosis on October 3, 2010, at 23:36:34

The essential idea at the core of NA and AA is that you can't beat this stuff by yourself. You know that compulsion you get - the single-minded thinking that leads you inevitably to use one more time? The completely rational and plausible narrative your mind builds in order to use again after your last time?
"Just one more time, then I'm done. One more time, what's the harm. I won't go all the way this time, I'll pull out early. How can I live this way if I'm always thinking about it, might as well do it. Oh man I'd do anything just to have one more. It won't be so bad after, really."

Every nerve in your body, every neuron and cell seems oriented to the idea of using one more time. And eventually you give in and do it. And feel the incomparable shame and self-loathing after you come down. And you promise yourself never again....until the need starts again.

NA and AA believe you can't beat that by yourself, and they're right. You need other people and you also need help outside of what other people can give you. Every day, hour, minute, second is a battle against it. Your sponsor can't be with your 24/7.

As far as belonging or not belonging, well Jesus said he actually wants to help the lowest of the low and they're actually going to get saved before the highest.

You can access any kind of Bible verse online, this is Job 7:

1 "Does not man have hard service on earth?
Are not his days like those of a hired man?

2 Like a slave longing for the evening shadows,
or a hired man waiting eagerly for his wages,

3 so I have been allotted months of futility,
and nights of misery have been assigned to me.

4 When I lie down I think, 'How long before I get up?'
The night drags on, and I toss till dawn.

5 My body is clothed with worms and scabs,
my skin is broken and festering.

6 "My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle,
and they come to an end without hope.

7 Remember, O God, that my life is but a breath;
my eyes will never see happiness again.

8 The eye that now sees me will see me no longer;
you will look for me, but I will be no more.

9 As a cloud vanishes and is gone,
so he who goes down to the grave [a] does not return.

10 He will never come to his house again;
his place will know him no more.

11 "Therefore I will not keep silent;
I will speak out in the anguish of my spirit,
I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.

12 Am I the sea, or the monster of the deep,
that you put me under guard?

13 When I think my bed will comfort me
and my couch will ease my complaint,

14 even then you frighten me with dreams
and terrify me with visions,

15 so that I prefer strangling and death,
rather than this body of mine.

16 I despise my life; I would not live forever.
Let me alone; my days have no meaning.

17 "What is man that you make so much of him,
that you give him so much attention,

18 that you examine him every morning
and test him every moment?

19 Will you never look away from me,
or let me alone even for an instant?

20 If I have sinned, what have I done to you,
O watcher of men?
Why have you made me your target?
Have I become a burden to you? [b]

21 Why do you not pardon my offenses
and forgive my sins?
For I will soon lie down in the dust;
you will search for me, but I will be no more."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job%207&version=NIV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm%2010&version=NIV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm%2025&version=NIV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm%2023&version=NIV

 

Re: how to get out hyperfocus

Posted by medamorphosis on October 4, 2010, at 5:07:22

In reply to Re: how to get out medamorphosis, posted by hyperfocus on October 4, 2010, at 1:24:42

> The essential idea at the core of NA and AA is that you can't beat this stuff by yourself. You know that compulsion you get - the single-minded thinking that leads you inevitably to use one more time? The completely rational and plausible narrative your mind builds in order to use again after your last time?
> "Just one more time, then I'm done. One more time, what's the harm. I won't go all the way this time, I'll pull out early. How can I live this way if I'm always thinking about it, might as well do it. Oh man I'd do anything just to have one more. It won't be so bad after, really."
>
> Every nerve in your body, every neuron and cell seems oriented to the idea of using one more time. And eventually you give in and do it. And feel the incomparable shame and self-loathing after you come down. And you promise yourself never again....until the need starts again.
>
> NA and AA believe you can't beat that by yourself, and they're right. You need other people and you also need help outside of what other people can give you. Every day, hour, minute, second is a battle against it. Your sponsor can't be with your 24/7.
>
> As far as belonging or not belonging, well Jesus said he actually wants to help the lowest of the low and they're actually going to get saved before the highest.
>
> You can access any kind of Bible verse online, this is Job 7:
>
> 1 "Does not man have hard service on earth?
> Are not his days like those of a hired man?
>
> 2 Like a slave longing for the evening shadows,
> or a hired man waiting eagerly for his wages,
>
> 3 so I have been allotted months of futility,
> and nights of misery have been assigned to me.
>
> 4 When I lie down I think, 'How long before I get up?'
> The night drags on, and I toss till dawn.
>
> 5 My body is clothed with worms and scabs,
> my skin is broken and festering.
>
> 6 "My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle,
> and they come to an end without hope.
>
> 7 Remember, O God, that my life is but a breath;
> my eyes will never see happiness again.
>
> 8 The eye that now sees me will see me no longer;
> you will look for me, but I will be no more.
>
> 9 As a cloud vanishes and is gone,
> so he who goes down to the grave [a] does not return.
>
> 10 He will never come to his house again;
> his place will know him no more.
>
> 11 "Therefore I will not keep silent;
> I will speak out in the anguish of my spirit,
> I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.
>
> 12 Am I the sea, or the monster of the deep,
> that you put me under guard?
>
> 13 When I think my bed will comfort me
> and my couch will ease my complaint,
>
> 14 even then you frighten me with dreams
> and terrify me with visions,
>
> 15 so that I prefer strangling and death,
> rather than this body of mine.
>
> 16 I despise my life; I would not live forever.
> Let me alone; my days have no meaning.
>
> 17 "What is man that you make so much of him,
> that you give him so much attention,
>
> 18 that you examine him every morning
> and test him every moment?
>
> 19 Will you never look away from me,
> or let me alone even for an instant?
>
> 20 If I have sinned, what have I done to you,
> O watcher of men?
> Why have you made me your target?
> Have I become a burden to you? [b]
>
> 21 Why do you not pardon my offenses
> and forgive my sins?
> For I will soon lie down in the dust;
> you will search for me, but I will be no more."
>
> http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job%207&version=NIV
> http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm%2010&version=NIV
> http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm%2025&version=NIV
> http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm%2023&version=NIV

Yeah, ok. And, I regret to say that all of what you wrote is what puts MANY MANY people off from bothering with it all. I mean, its old fashioned! I cant even make sense of half that stuff! And I consider myself a good fluent reader! This is the 21 Cetury, no? Than why is it not written as so?

Guess Ill just have to accustom to living in hell. Starting to sound a lot less easier infact.

 

Re: how to get out medamorphosis

Posted by medamorphosis on October 4, 2010, at 5:08:31

In reply to Re: how to get out hyperfocus, posted by medamorphosis on October 4, 2010, at 5:07:22


> Guess Ill just have to accustom to living in hell. Starting to sound a lot less easier infact.

'more' easier I meant.

 

Re: how to get out

Posted by medamorphosis on October 4, 2010, at 5:14:39

In reply to Re: how to get out medamorphosis, posted by medamorphosis on October 4, 2010, at 5:08:31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

"OPEN YOUR F*****G MIND! NOT JUST YOUR EYES!"

 

Re: how to get out

Posted by medamorphosis on October 4, 2010, at 5:41:20

In reply to Re: how to get out, posted by medamorphosis on October 4, 2010, at 5:14:39

Or, folks, why not teach yourselves the truth- no BS here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kHhc67GopM&feature=related

 

Re: how to get out

Posted by medamorphosis on October 4, 2010, at 7:18:06

In reply to Re: how to get out, posted by medamorphosis on October 4, 2010, at 5:41:20

> Or, folks, why not teach yourselves the truth- no BS here:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kHhc67GopM&feature=related

No replies eh? Thought not!


This is the end of the thread.


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Faith | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.