Psycho-Babble Faith Thread 832600

Shown: posts 36 to 60 of 78. Go back in thread:

 

Re: Lou's request for clarification-zroastr Jay_Bravest_Face

Posted by Sigismund on June 25, 2008, at 20:27:49

In reply to Re: Lou's request for clarification-zroastr Sigismund, posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 25, 2008, at 8:58:19

When I reflected on this I realised that the only terrible series of events committed by a nation without a Christian background that I knew anything about was the Japanese war in WWII.

 

Lou's request for clarification-sigmafndtns? Jay_Bravest_Face

Posted by Lou PIlder on June 25, 2008, at 20:53:26

In reply to Re: Lou's request for clarification-zroastr Sigismund, posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 24, 2008, at 23:23:41

> > I was born into an "Onward Christian Soldiers' sort of Christianity which much later made me oversensitive to certain types of glory.
> >
> > (I don't see how it is that much different to getting up in the morning and shouting out 'We are the greatest', three times before breakfast.)
> >
> > That's my problem with Heaven actually...so much glory, the Sanctus from Bach's B minor Mass notwithstanding.
>
>
>
> What I was trying to get at in my post. Theology of the Cross takes us away from our own selfish attitudes, and self-righteousness of the bless-me clubs, and the Glory clubs. One interesting little fact. In the book Whats So Amazing About Grace? by Philip Yancey, he notes that Jesus spent far more time with sinners and outcasts then saints. The sinners had no pretense and where honest, while the Saints put on airs, judged him, and sought to catch him in a moral trap.
>
> The Glorified always tried to force a happy face, no matter what. According to the theology of the cross, who Jesus was and what he taught constitutes our most sure knowledge of God. True knowledge of God (and therefore hope) comes from knowing that in Christ God comes near to us in mercy and love. True knowledge of God, that is, then comes from knowing grace.
>
> So, it follows, therefore, that the theological category that most makes sense of Christian hope is NOT optimism; it is Grace. Heaven's Gates may feel more like the deepest love you've ever known, not some typical setting of the Gates and trumpets and all.
>
> Jay
>
> Jay,
You wrote,[...Tyeology of the cross...According to the theology of the cross, who Jesus was and what he taught constitutes our {most sure} (a foundation of Christianity). True knowledge of God...comes from knowing that in (a foundation of Christianity)...].
I am unsure as to what you are wanting to mean by the following in the grammatical structure of your statement and if you could clarify this for me, and if you could identify or post an authority, then I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
A.Could you identify what is the {theology of the cross} that, I guess, describes who Jesus was and what he taught that constitutes our most (a foundation of Christianity}? And is the {our} the same as in a previous post here?
B.in,[...true knowledge of God comes from knowing that in Christ (a foundation of Christianity)...]
I am unsure as to what you are wanting to mean here by the above and if you could clarify the following, then I could have the opportunity to respond acordingly.
This request for clarification in part B has been redacted by respondent.
Lou


 

Re: Lou's request for clarification-sigmafndtns? Lou PIlder

Posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 26, 2008, at 1:40:47

In reply to Lou's request for clarification-sigmafndtns? Jay_Bravest_Face, posted by Lou PIlder on June 25, 2008, at 20:53:26

Lou, this webpage explains it a bit better then I do. Now it's a translated page from a PDF file, so it has weird colours all over it, but it's a good read. Let me know what you think. It's probably one of the foundations of the Lutheran church, even though I am not Lutheran,(I am Catholic if it matters) I find it pretty strong and logical stuff.
Here is the addy (I used tiny url for length):
http://tinyurl.com/5grktr

Jay

 

Re: Lou's request for clarification-zroastr Sigismund

Posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 26, 2008, at 1:58:28

In reply to Re: Lou's request for clarification-zroastr Jay_Bravest_Face, posted by Sigismund on June 25, 2008, at 20:27:49

> When I reflected on this I realised that the only terrible series of events committed by a nation without a Christian background that I knew anything about was the Japanese war in WWII.

Yea, I think you are onto something. I think the Christian faith has largely been hijacked by very rich and/or powerful individuals with their own agendas. And yep, they are usually white males.(Being one myself..lol.) A-bombs, Concentration camps, Vietnam, Iraq...etc. John McCain is saying he'd be happy and would have no problem if the Iraq invasion continued for another 100 years.

Yey.
Jay.

 

Lou's request for clarification-pshumphoundtns? Jay_Bravest_Face

Posted by Lou PIlder on June 26, 2008, at 6:47:06

In reply to Re: Lou's request for clarification-sigmafndtns? Lou PIlder, posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 26, 2008, at 1:40:47

J_B_F,
In the post that I am responding to here, you offered a link. Clicking on the link and looking at (3), that starts out with [...Whereas the theologian of glory...], then looking at the 2end paragraph we find;
[...Only the (a foundation of many groups in Christianity) "who have been reduced to nothing are (a foundation of many groups of Christianity). All other roads(a foundation of many groups of Christianity).
I am unsure as to the following and if you could clarify/identify/or give an authority for, then I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
A.Do you agree with what the author purports in the statement in question here in your offered link as to be true?
B. If so, what could be the basis for you to agree that the statement is true?
C. If the statement in question is a belief of yours, what does that mean, in your theology, to those that are not members of the group of [...Only the (a foundation of many groups of Christianity)...] as to the road that they are following that is a different road from the one in the statement in question?
D. If you do not believe the statement in question here is true, could you post here that so that those that are on a different road than the one in the statement in question could think that their road is not closed?
E. this part has been redacted by the respondent
Lou

 

Finding the statment in question ithe offered link

Posted by Lou PIlder on June 26, 2008, at 7:02:58

In reply to Lou's request for clarification-pshumphoundtns? Jay_Bravest_Face, posted by Lou PIlder on June 26, 2008, at 6:47:06

> J_B_F,
> In the post that I am responding to here, you offered a link. Clicking on the link and looking at (3), that starts out with [...Whereas the theologian of glory...], then looking at the 2end paragraph we find;
> [...Only the (a foundation of many groups in Christianity) "who have been reduced to nothing are (a foundation of many groups of Christianity). All other roads(a foundation of many groups of Christianity).
> I am unsure as to the following and if you could clarify/identify/or give an authority for, then I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
> A.Do you agree with what the author purports in the statement in question here in your offered link as to be true?
> B. If so, what could be the basis for you to agree that the statement is true?
> C. If the statement in question is a belief of yours, what does that mean, in your theology, to those that are not members of the group of [...Only the (a foundation of many groups of Christianity)...] as to the road that they are following that is a different road from the one in the statement in question?
> D. If you do not believe the statement in question here is true, could you post here that so that those that are on a different road than the one in the statement in question could think that their road is not closed?
> E. this part has been redacted by the respondent
> Lou

Friends,
In finding the statement in question in the offered link in question here, the part where #3 could be found in in the part that starts out with [...Deus Absconditus...] separating sections about before the middle of the text. It starts out,[...Luther's theology of the...].
Lou

 

Re: Sorry about that Lou... Lou PIlder

Posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 26, 2008, at 8:47:44

In reply to Finding the statment in question ithe offered link, posted by Lou PIlder on June 26, 2008, at 7:02:58

I'm sorry...it was late and I should have pointed that out Lou. There is the the whole story and life of Martin Luther there. Thanks for pointing that out..:)

Jay

 

Lou's request for clarification-wknmybbybkhom Jay_Bravest_Face

Posted by Lou PIlder on June 26, 2008, at 8:56:17

In reply to Re: Sorry about that Lou... Lou PIlder, posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 26, 2008, at 8:47:44

> I'm sorry...it was late and I should have pointed that out Lou. There is the the whole story and life of Martin Luther there. Thanks for pointing that out..:)
>
> Jay

Jay,
You wrote,[...it was late and I should have pointed that out...]
I am unsure as to what you are wanting to mean by the grammatical structure of your reply to me here. If you could clarify the following, then I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
A. In [...{it} was late...],what was the {it} that was late and what are you wanting to mean by {late}?
B. In,[...I should have pointed {that} out...],what is the {that} that should have been pointed out and what are you wanting to mean that it {should have been} pointed out?
Lou

 

Re: Lou's request for clarification-zroastr Jay_Bravest_Face

Posted by Sigismund on June 26, 2008, at 16:39:56

In reply to Re: Lou's request for clarification-zroastr Sigismund, posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 26, 2008, at 1:58:28

John McCain is by no means the worst of it though, although I'm pretty ignorant.

What about The Family?

 

Re: Lou's request for clarification-zroastr

Posted by Sigismund on June 26, 2008, at 17:06:23

In reply to Re: Lou's request for clarification-zroastr Jay_Bravest_Face, posted by Sigismund on June 26, 2008, at 16:39:56

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_%28Christian_political_organization%29

I think they believe in the divine aspect of power.
Which kinda reminds me of this, for reasons that escape me.
It has something to do with faith.
But what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555jxltr9Zo

 

Re: Lou's request for clarification-zroastr Sigismund

Posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 26, 2008, at 20:15:18

In reply to Re: Lou's request for clarification-zroastr, posted by Sigismund on June 26, 2008, at 17:06:23

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_%28Christian_political_organization%29
>
> I think they believe in the divine aspect of power.
> Which kinda reminds me of this, for reasons that escape me.
> It has something to do with faith.
> But what?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555jxltr9Zo
>
>

Ummm...I don't think this is correct. The Lutheran Church is where you will find the information. It has nothing to do with these psuedo-religions.

Jay

 

Lou's request for clarification-psudoh Jay_Bravest_Face

Posted by Lou PIlder on June 26, 2008, at 20:42:34

In reply to Re: Lou's request for clarification-zroastr Sigismund, posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 26, 2008, at 20:15:18

> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_%28Christian_political_organization%29
> >
> > I think they believe in the divine aspect of power.
> > Which kinda reminds me of this, for reasons that escape me.
> > It has something to do with faith.
> > But what?
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555jxltr9Zo
> >
> >
>
> Ummm...I don't think this is correct. The Lutheran Church is where you will find the information. It has nothing to do with these psuedo-religions.
>
> Jay

Jay ,
You wrote,[...these psuedo-religions...]
I am unsure as to what you are wanting to mean by that. If you could clarify the following, I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
A.What is the criteria that you use to determine if a religion is a psuedo-religion or not?
B. What is the criteria that you use to determine if a religion is not a pseudo-religion?
C. This part has been redacted by the respondent
Lou

 

Re: Lou's request for clarification-psudoh Lou PIlder

Posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 26, 2008, at 23:17:12

In reply to Lou's request for clarification-psudoh Jay_Bravest_Face, posted by Lou PIlder on June 26, 2008, at 20:42:34

> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_%28Christian_political_organization%29
> > >
> > > I think they believe in the divine aspect of power.
> > > Which kinda reminds me of this, for reasons that escape me.
> > > It has something to do with faith.
> > > But what?
> > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555jxltr9Zo
> > >
> > >
> >
> > Ummm...I don't think this is correct. The Lutheran Church is where you will find the information. It has nothing to do with these psuedo-religions.
> >
> > Jay
>
> Jay ,
> You wrote,[...these psuedo-religions...]
> I am unsure as to what you are wanting to mean by that. If you could clarify the following, I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
> A.What is the criteria that you use to determine if a religion is a psuedo-religion or not?
> B. What is the criteria that you use to determine if a religion is not a pseudo-religion?
> C. This part has been redacted by the respondent
> Lou
>

Lou:

Well, did you know that Jesus preferred the company of sinners to saints? Why?
Because the saints put on airs, judged him, and tried to catch him in a moral trap.
The sinners where honest about themselves, and had no pretense.

Everything I say (almost anybody), especially in religious studies, have rather subjective viewpoints. What I am referring to in Pseudo-Religion is a group of organized people whose leaders have ulterior motives over their participants. (i.e. money, suicide cults, etc..)

Jay

 

Lou's request for identification-bibistdfm Jay_Bravest_Face

Posted by Lou PIlder on June 27, 2008, at 6:53:37

In reply to Re: Lou's request for clarification-psudoh Lou PIlder, posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 26, 2008, at 23:17:12

> > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_%28Christian_political_organization%29
> > > >
> > > > I think they believe in the divine aspect of power.
> > > > Which kinda reminds me of this, for reasons that escape me.
> > > > It has something to do with faith.
> > > > But what?
> > > >
> > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555jxltr9Zo
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > Ummm...I don't think this is correct. The Lutheran Church is where you will find the information. It has nothing to do with these psuedo-religions.
> > >
> > > Jay
> >
> > Jay ,
> > You wrote,[...these psuedo-religions...]
> > I am unsure as to what you are wanting to mean by that. If you could clarify the following, I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
> > A.What is the criteria that you use to determine if a religion is a psuedo-religion or not?
> > B. What is the criteria that you use to determine if a religion is not a pseudo-religion?
> > C. This part has been redacted by the respondent
> > Lou
> >
>
> Lou:
>
> Well, did you know that Jesus preferred the company of sinners to saints? Why?
> Because the saints put on airs, judged him, and tried to catch him in a moral trap.
> The sinners where honest about themselves, and had no pretense.
>
> Everything I say (almost anybody), especially in religious studies, have rather subjective viewpoints. What I am referring to in Pseudo-Religion is a group of organized people whose leaders have ulterior motives over their participants. (i.e. money, suicide cults, etc..)
>
> Jay

Jay,
You wrote,[...Jesus preferred the company of sinners to saints...the saints put on airs, judged him and tried to catch him in a moral trap...the sinners had no pretense...]
I am unsure as to what group of people you are referring to that you write here as {saints} that Jesus preferred the company of sinners to them. If you could identify that group of people that you are referring to, then I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
Lou

 

Re: Lou's request for identification-bibistdfm Lou PIlder

Posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 27, 2008, at 17:07:36

In reply to Lou's request for identification-bibistdfm Jay_Bravest_Face, posted by Lou PIlder on June 27, 2008, at 6:53:37

> > > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_%28Christian_political_organization%29
> > > > >
> > > > > I think they believe in the divine aspect of power.
> > > > > Which kinda reminds me of this, for reasons that escape me.
> > > > > It has something to do with faith.
> > > > > But what?
> > > > >
> > > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555jxltr9Zo
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > Ummm...I don't think this is correct. The Lutheran Church is where you will find the information. It has nothing to do with these psuedo-religions.
> > > >
> > > > Jay
> > >
> > > Jay ,
> > > You wrote,[...these psuedo-religions...]
> > > I am unsure as to what you are wanting to mean by that. If you could clarify the following, I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
> > > A.What is the criteria that you use to determine if a religion is a psuedo-religion or not?
> > > B. What is the criteria that you use to determine if a religion is not a pseudo-religion?
> > > C. This part has been redacted by the respondent
> > > Lou
> > >
> >
> > Lou:
> >
> > Well, did you know that Jesus preferred the company of sinners to saints? Why?
> > Because the saints put on airs, judged him, and tried to catch him in a moral trap.
> > The sinners where honest about themselves, and had no pretense.
> >
> > Everything I say (almost anybody), especially in religious studies, have rather subjective viewpoints. What I am referring to in Pseudo-Religion is a group of organized people whose leaders have ulterior motives over their participants. (i.e. money, suicide cults, etc..)
> >
> > Jay
>
> Jay,
> You wrote,[...Jesus preferred the company of sinners to saints...the saints put on airs, judged him and tried to catch him in a moral trap...the sinners had no pretense...]
> I am unsure as to what group of people you are referring to that you write here as {saints} that Jesus preferred the company of sinners to them. If you could identify that group of people that you are referring to, then I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
> Lou
>
>

Lou, dude, you are a passionate man and I appreciate that! I just don't have ALL of the answers, okay.:) (Maybe I pretend I do sometimes..lol..hahaa) That little bit about "saints" and "sinners" and Jesus, comes from a book by Philip Yancey, called "What's So Amazing About Grace?" (It doesn't put down the Scriptures, just asks a lot of questions.) I don't have a copy of the book, though. I am not sure if these are Saints in the Catholic tradition, or what? I sort of doubt it, though.
I'll see if I can find more info for you.

Thanks for your thoughts...
Jay

 

Re: More on Yancey and Grace... Lou PIlder

Posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 27, 2008, at 17:22:45

In reply to Lou's request for identification-bibistdfm Jay_Bravest_Face, posted by Lou PIlder on June 27, 2008, at 6:53:37

Hey Lou...

Here is an interesting little 'blurb' about Yancey's book and the concept of 'Grace' as an underlying theme in the Bible.

"This grace is the true message of Jesus....Jesus speaks merely of receiving the love that God has for us. Accepting it, not earning it or making ourselves worthy of it. And frankly, accepting something we have not earned or are not worthy of is not an easy thing for most of us.

....Believers and nonbelievers alike should accept Yancey's challenge to become agents of grace rather than agents of vengeance or judgment or anger."

I really like that. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be a concept many pursue these days.

Jay


 

Lou's request for identification-ohneliegh? Jay_Bravest_Face

Posted by Lou PIlder on June 27, 2008, at 18:01:25

In reply to Re: Lou's request for identification-bibistdfm Lou PIlder, posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 27, 2008, at 17:07:36

> > > > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_%28Christian_political_organization%29
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I think they believe in the divine aspect of power.
> > > > > > Which kinda reminds me of this, for reasons that escape me.
> > > > > > It has something to do with faith.
> > > > > > But what?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555jxltr9Zo
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Ummm...I don't think this is correct. The Lutheran Church is where you will find the information. It has nothing to do with these psuedo-religions.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jay
> > > >
> > > > Jay ,
> > > > You wrote,[...these psuedo-religions...]
> > > > I am unsure as to what you are wanting to mean by that. If you could clarify the following, I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
> > > > A.What is the criteria that you use to determine if a religion is a psuedo-religion or not?
> > > > B. What is the criteria that you use to determine if a religion is not a pseudo-religion?
> > > > C. This part has been redacted by the respondent
> > > > Lou
> > > >
> > >
> > > Lou:
> > >
> > > Well, did you know that Jesus preferred the company of sinners to saints? Why?
> > > Because the saints put on airs, judged him, and tried to catch him in a moral trap.
> > > The sinners where honest about themselves, and had no pretense.
> > >
> > > Everything I say (almost anybody), especially in religious studies, have rather subjective viewpoints. What I am referring to in Pseudo-Religion is a group of organized people whose leaders have ulterior motives over their participants. (i.e. money, suicide cults, etc..)
> > >
> > > Jay
> >
> > Jay,
> > You wrote,[...Jesus preferred the company of sinners to saints...the saints put on airs, judged him and tried to catch him in a moral trap...the sinners had no pretense...]
> > I am unsure as to what group of people you are referring to that you write here as {saints} that Jesus preferred the company of sinners to them. If you could identify that group of people that you are referring to, then I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
> > Lou
> >
> >
>
> Lou, dude, you are a passionate man and I appreciate that! I just don't have ALL of the answers, okay.:) (Maybe I pretend I do sometimes..lol..hahaa) That little bit about "saints" and "sinners" and Jesus, comes from a book by Philip Yancey, called "What's So Amazing About Grace?" (It doesn't put down the Scriptures, just asks a lot of questions.) I don't have a copy of the book, though. I am not sure if these are Saints in the Catholic tradition, or what? I sort of doubt it, though.
> I'll see if I can find more info for you.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts...
> Jay

Jay,
I clicked on the offered link that comes up for the book and in {editorial reviews} going down to {product description}, I read;[...his...exploration of grace...our XXX for love and forgiveness...].
I am unsure as to if you are wanting to mean that what is in the book mentioned from the author is what you want to endorse or not here, such as the statement in question. If you could clarify as to if you are or are not wanting the author's perspective in the statement in question to be also your perspective, then I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
Lou

 

Lou's request for clarification-hateigen? Jay_Bravest_Face

Posted by Lou PIlder on June 27, 2008, at 18:28:14

In reply to Re: More on Yancey and Grace... Lou PIlder, posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 27, 2008, at 17:22:45

> Hey Lou...
>
> Here is an interesting little 'blurb' about Yancey's book and the concept of 'Grace' as an underlying theme in the Bible.
>
> "This grace is the true message of Jesus....Jesus speaks merely of receiving the love that God has for us. Accepting it, not earning it or making ourselves worthy of it. And frankly, accepting something we have not earned or are not worthy of is not an easy thing for most of us.
>
> ....Believers and nonbelievers alike should accept Yancey's challenge to become agents of grace rather than agents of vengeance or judgment or anger."
>
> I really like that. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be a concept many pursue these days.
>
> Jay

Jay, You wrote,[...Sadly, it doesn't seem to be a concept many pursue...].
I am unsure as to what you used to determine that it doesn't seem to be. If you could cite what you used to make that determination, then I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
Lou

 

Re: Lou's request for clarification-hateigen? Lou PIlder

Posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 27, 2008, at 23:33:51

In reply to Lou's request for clarification-hateigen? Jay_Bravest_Face, posted by Lou PIlder on June 27, 2008, at 18:28:14

> > Hey Lou...
> >
> > Here is an interesting little 'blurb' about Yancey's book and the concept of 'Grace' as an underlying theme in the Bible.
> >
> > "This grace is the true message of Jesus....Jesus speaks merely of receiving the love that God has for us. Accepting it, not earning it or making ourselves worthy of it. And frankly, accepting something we have not earned or are not worthy of is not an easy thing for most of us.
> >
> > ....Believers and nonbelievers alike should accept Yancey's challenge to become agents of grace rather than agents of vengeance or judgment or anger."
> >
> > I really like that. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be a concept many pursue these days.
> >
> > Jay
>
> Jay, You wrote,[...Sadly, it doesn't seem to be a concept many pursue...].
> I am unsure as to what you used to determine that it doesn't seem to be. If you could cite what you used to make that determination, then I could have the opportunity to respond accordingly.
> Lou
>
>

Okay, Lou why don't you start talking and let me read. :-)? Second, about your question, pick up any newspaper.

Jay

 

Re: Lou's request for identification-ohneliegh? Lou PIlder

Posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 28, 2008, at 0:10:35

In reply to Lou's request for identification-ohneliegh? Jay_Bravest_Face, posted by Lou PIlder on June 27, 2008, at 18:01:25

Lou,

Yes, I do believe "..grace, (is) the most powerful force in the universe and our only hope for love and forgiveness." I am talking here, though, about the concept of grace that I have known even way before I became a Christian. The great author Ernest Hemingway used the term Grace Under Pressure to explain how we as humans can be simply amazing by showing grace even in the worst of times. A few Nazi Concentration Camp survivors have also used the term.
And no, it is not exclusive to Christianity either.

Jay

 

Lou's request for clarification-dostyevskiegh Jay_Bravest_Face

Posted by Lou PIlder on June 28, 2008, at 7:04:51

In reply to Re: Lou's request for clarification-hateigen? Lou PIlder, posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 27, 2008, at 23:33:51

Jay,
You wrote,[...why don't you start talking...?]
Could you post here what topic that you would like for me to write about that you would like to read? If you could, then I could know what it is that you would like for me to write about that you would like to read and concentrate on that topic.
Also, you wrote,[...pick up {any} newspaper...]
I am unsure as to what to look for in any newspaper that could show that, [...it doesn't seem to be a concept many pursue...](agents of grace).
If you could elaborate more on that, then I could have a better understanding of what you are wanting to mean for me to look for in any newspaper and then respond accordingly.
Lou

 

Re: Lou's request for clarification-dostyevskiegh

Posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 28, 2008, at 8:35:28

In reply to Lou's request for clarification-dostyevskiegh Jay_Bravest_Face, posted by Lou PIlder on June 28, 2008, at 7:04:51

> Jay,
> You wrote,[...why don't you start talking...?]
> Could you post here what topic that you would like for me to write about that you would like to read? If you could, then I could know what it is that you would like for me to write about that you would like to read and concentrate on that topic.
> Also, you wrote,[...pick up {any} newspaper...]
> I am unsure as to what to look for in any newspaper that could show that, [...it doesn't seem to be a concept many pursue...](agents of grace).
> If you could elaborate more on that, then I could have a better understanding of what you are wanting to mean for me to look for in any newspaper and then respond accordingly.
> Lou

Lou,

I'd just like to hear your comments on things. Besides that, I really cannot be more clear about "picking up the paper" to show that grace is not something widely pursued in the world these days. For example, in my local paper, some guy threw his baby kitten from the 5th floor balcony of his apartment, (and the kitty survived) and so then the guy went and got his car and ran over the cat, which obviously it didn't survive. "Dis-grace", really. Look at all the wars, the killing of innocent people (no matter what side you are on..) That is my final answer, because this could go on forever.

Peace,
Jay

 

Lou's response to aspects for members-heighneun

Posted by Lou PIlder on June 28, 2008, at 9:47:49

In reply to Re: Lou's request for clarification-dostyevskiegh, posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 28, 2008, at 8:35:28

> > Jay,
> > You wrote,[...why don't you start talking...?]
> > Could you post here what topic that you would like for me to write about that you would like to read? If you could, then I could know what it is that you would like for me to write about that you would like to read and concentrate on that topic.
> > Also, you wrote,[...pick up {any} newspaper...]
> > I am unsure as to what to look for in any newspaper that could show that, [...it doesn't seem to be a concept many pursue...](agents of grace).
> > If you could elaborate more on that, then I could have a better understanding of what you are wanting to mean for me to look for in any newspaper and then respond accordingly.
> > Lou
>
> Lou,
>
> I'd just like to hear your comments on things. Besides that, I really cannot be more clear about "picking up the paper" to show that grace is not something widely pursued in the world these days. For example, in my local paper, some guy threw his baby kitten from the 5th floor balcony of his apartment, (and the kitty survived) and so then the guy went and got his car and ran over the cat, which obviously it didn't survive. "Dis-grace", really. Look at all the wars, the killing of innocent people (no matter what side you are on..) That is my final answer, because this could go on forever.
>
> Peace,
> Jay

Friends,
It is written here,[...I'd...like to hear your comments on {things}...].
I am unsure as to what the things could or could not be, so if you are following this thread and would like for me to comment on something, just post what you would like for me to comment on specifically and I wil try to post my perspective concerning what you are requesting for me to comment on.
Lou

 

Re: Lou..What are your thoughts on 'grace'? Lou PIlder

Posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 30, 2008, at 8:00:43

In reply to Lou's response to aspects for members-heighneun, posted by Lou PIlder on June 28, 2008, at 9:47:49

Lou,

Okay, here is a question. What do you think of the concept of "grace", and how would you advise spreading in your (or anyone's) lives?

Jay :)

 

Lou's reply to Jay-wtizgrc? Jay_Bravest_Face

Posted by Lou PIlder on June 30, 2008, at 19:29:34

In reply to Re: Lou..What are your thoughts on 'grace'? Lou PIlder, posted by Jay_Bravest_Face on June 30, 2008, at 8:00:43

> Lou,
>
> Okay, here is a question. What do you think of the concept of "grace", and how would you advise spreading in your (or anyone's) lives?
>
> Jay :)
Jay,
You wrote,[...What do you think of the concept of grace and how would you advise spreading...].
I am unsure as to the grammatical structure of your statement and in reading your posts in this thread as to what your concept of grace is. If I was to know that, then I could better respond accordingly.
Lou


Go forward in thread:


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Faith | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.