Psycho-Babble Medication Thread 1113893

Shown: posts 1 to 25 of 55. This is the beginning of the thread.

 

I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by jay2112 on February 26, 2021, at 0:31:43

Warning...SI


Hi folks...I lost my little dog a week or so ago. I had told myself, once he goes, I am going too. I had enough of this life.. :( I have been coping bad...taking handfulls of Tylenol 3's, and handfulls of Lytica (mood stabalizer....feels good in high doses. O just want to kill the pain...too much damn life and death!!! Bit, I am going to the rehab clinic and going on Suboxone. Then I am going to get a kitten....then maybe a part-time jib. These are the bare threads I am hanging onto. I am 51...it's harder as you get o;der. Am I on the right track? Onr day at a time, and baby-steps? I lost a girlfriend, child, best friend (suicide) and then my parents 7 years ago.

Jay (deeply, deeply, sad....)

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by undopaminergic on February 26, 2021, at 2:34:57

In reply to I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by jay2112 on February 26, 2021, at 0:31:43

>
> Hi folks...I lost my little dog a week or so ago. I had told myself, once he goes, I am going too. I had enough of this life.. :( I have been coping bad...taking handfulls of Tylenol 3's, and handfulls of Lytica (mood stabalizer....feels good in high doses. O just want to kill the pain...too much damn life and death!!! Bit, I am going to the rehab clinic and going on Suboxone. Then I am going to get a kitten....then maybe a part-time jib. These are the bare threads I am hanging onto. I am 51...it's harder as you get o;der. Am I on the right track? Onr day at a time, and baby-steps? I lost a girlfriend, child, best friend (suicide) and then my parents 7 years ago.
>
> Jay (deeply, deeply, sad....)

Sorry to hear you're going through a difficult period. There is some evidence that lithium can mitigate suicidality, even at low doses.

For me personally, stimulants (like methylphenidate) would help within minutes of a dose.

-undopaminergic

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea undopaminergic

Posted by jay2112 on February 26, 2021, at 5:10:39

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by undopaminergic on February 26, 2021, at 2:34:57

> >
> > Hi folks...I lost my little dog a week or so ago. I had told myself, once he goes, I am going too. I had enough of this life.. :( I have been coping bad...taking handfulls of Tylenol 3's, and handfulls of Lytica (mood stabalizer....feels good in high doses. O just want to kill the pain...too much damn life and death!!! Bit, I am going to the rehab clinic and going on Suboxone. Then I am going to get a kitten....then maybe a part-time jib. These are the bare threads I am hanging onto. I am 51...it's harder as you get o;der. Am I on the right track? Onr day at a time, and baby-steps? I lost a girlfriend, child, best friend (suicide) and then my parents 7 years ago.
> >
> > Jay (deeply, deeply, sad....)
>
> Sorry to hear you're going through a difficult period. There is some evidence that lithium can mitigate suicidality, even at low doses.
>
> For me personally, stimulants (like methylphenidate) would help within minutes of a dose.
>
> -undopaminergic
>

Thank you...I majorly appreciate that.I usually take Vyvanse, but it shoots me up and down. I have BP2. Lithium sometimes works, but it is hit and miss. Going this morning to get Suboxone. Hope that works.

Jsy

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by Lamdage22 on February 26, 2021, at 6:15:22

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by undopaminergic on February 26, 2021, at 2:34:57

I suspect it has that effect on me @225mg. (And there are indications that it does)

There is some evidence that lithium can mitigate suicidality, even at low doses.

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by Lamdage22 on February 26, 2021, at 6:19:08

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by Lamdage22 on February 26, 2021, at 6:15:22

It is good that you have goals. It sounds like a good plan.

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea jay2112

Posted by undopaminergic on February 26, 2021, at 6:41:59

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea undopaminergic, posted by jay2112 on February 26, 2021, at 5:10:39

>
> Thank you...I majorly appreciate that.I usually take Vyvanse, but it shoots me up and down. I have BP2. Lithium sometimes works, but it is hit and miss. Going this morning to get Suboxone. Hope that works.
>
> Jsy
>

Buprenorphine is a great drug for ADHD and depression, in my experience and (the depression part) that of many others. I found the combination of methylphenidate and buprenorphine particularly beneficial for my symptoms. In fact, it is the best combination I've ever tried. I was in the process of slowly getting my life in order again when my treatment was terminated by another doctor.

For more information about my experience, you can look up what I posted here more than 10 years ago:
https://www.google.com/search?q=undopaminergic+buprenorphine+site%3Adr-bob.org

-undopaminergic

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea Lamdage22

Posted by jay2112 on February 26, 2021, at 8:51:27

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by Lamdage22 on February 26, 2021, at 6:19:08

> It is good that you have goals. It sounds like a good plan.

Thank you for that. I have to cradle this little baby soul inside of me, and get good goals with treatment like Suboxone. They put me on a higher dose of 8mg of Suboxone. Will do it, step by step.

Thanks :)

Jay

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea undopaminergic

Posted by jay2112 on February 26, 2021, at 9:01:17

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea jay2112, posted by undopaminergic on February 26, 2021, at 6:41:59

> >
> > Thank you...I majorly appreciate that.I usually take Vyvanse, but it shoots me up and down. I have BP2. Lithium sometimes works, but it is hit and miss. Going this morning to get Suboxone. Hope that works.
> >
> > Jsy
> >
>
> Buprenorphine is a great drug for ADHD and depression, in my experience and (the depression part) that of many others. I found the combination of methylphenidate and buprenorphine particularly beneficial for my symptoms. In fact, it is the best combination I've ever tried. I was in the process of slowly getting my life in order again when my treatment was terminated by another doctor.
>
> For more information about my experience, you can look up what I posted here more than 10 years ago:
> https://www.google.com/search?q=undopaminergic+buprenorphine+site%3Adr-bob.org
>
> -undopaminergic
>

Was kind of hard to find your posts
s...but I got the idea. You are on Laruda, correct ? I am trying ultra lower doses of that stuff. How are you making out?

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea jay2112

Posted by undopaminergic on February 26, 2021, at 9:42:11

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea undopaminergic, posted by jay2112 on February 26, 2021, at 9:01:17

>
> Was kind of hard to find your posts
> s...but I got the idea. You are on Laruda, correct ? I am trying ultra lower doses of that stuff. How are you making out?
>

It seems to be growing on me. My mood is better, but for some reason, recently, I feel better lying on the bed or walking outdoors. I've been a little lazy due to this, not reading or working as much as I'd like to. Many people report somnolence (eg. "knocks me out") as a side effect, and most people take it at night. I take it in the morning -- maybe I should change?

-undopaminergic

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by Lamdage22 on February 26, 2021, at 15:13:22

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea jay2112, posted by undopaminergic on February 26, 2021, at 9:42:11

When my mood is good, I no longer think about my mood.

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by rjlockhart37 on February 27, 2021, at 20:22:03

In reply to I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by jay2112 on February 26, 2021, at 0:31:43

maybe keep a higher power in mind, that know that there's ... i don't know god still there that can help you. i'm christain, but i don't like rubbing people in the face with christanity - but really god could help you if you pray to him

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea undopaminergic

Posted by jay2112 on March 1, 2021, at 17:51:06

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea jay2112, posted by undopaminergic on February 26, 2021, at 9:42:11

> >
> > Was kind of hard to find your posts
> > s...but I got the idea. You are on Laruda, correct ? I am trying ultra lower doses of that stuff. How are you making out?
> >
>
> It seems to be growing on me. My mood is better, but for some reason, recently, I feel better lying on the bed or walking outdoors. I've been a little lazy due to this, not reading or working as much as I'd like to. Many people report somnolence (eg. "knocks me out") as a side effect, and most people take it at night. I take it in the morning -- maybe I should change?
>
> -undopaminergic
>

I take mine at night. You might want to, because I have tried both, and found it kinda depresses me during the day IF I take it in the morning.At night-time, though, I sleep good with no 'hangover'.

Best,
Jay

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea Lamdage22

Posted by jay2112 on March 1, 2021, at 17:53:49

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by Lamdage22 on February 26, 2021, at 15:13:22

> When my mood is good, I no longer think about my mood.

That is the same with me. However, if I do 'check in', I am even more happy! lol..

Jay

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea rjlockhart37

Posted by jay2112 on March 1, 2021, at 18:12:53

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by rjlockhart37 on February 27, 2021, at 20:22:03

> maybe keep a higher power in mind, that know that there's ... i don't know god still there that can help you. i'm christain, but i don't like rubbing people in the face with christanity - but really god could help you if you pray to him

Well, I am agnostic, but I do admire the social justice of Jesus. What keeps me going is, the question "What if?". Meaning that, I think, there has got to be more than this life. As humans, we may not even be able to translate that stuff...it could have come from some place way beyond us. Einstein even said that there has to be SOMETHING..but what that is, we may someday find out. But...nobody...nobody, "knows".

IMHO,FWIW, etc

Jay

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by rjlockhart37 on March 1, 2021, at 19:32:06

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea rjlockhart37, posted by jay2112 on March 1, 2021, at 18:12:53

yeah i don't want to rub christanity in people's faces but i do care about them that they are saved, i ... believe after we die (and let me just say) we're judged on our works and how treated people. And im not gonna rub or say anything but for people to be saved from the underworld, a place of agony and pain, it's brimetone and fire. That is just my view and opinion. I'm just sharing it. I think there is more to this life, the spirit world and the univers. But my main thing is to get people saved from the underworld after they die. End of transmission.

r

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by rjlockhart37 on March 1, 2021, at 19:53:04

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by rjlockhart37 on March 1, 2021, at 19:32:06

but maybe (just this one time) you could pray to god, and just....i don't know, have faith and pray. I know that is suggestive content that may seem....offending, or out there, but really im just trying to help. I know what feeling like i shouldnt be here, but you have to keep going. Ask god, for an awnser, and have faith. I know you said your agnostic but just listen to suggestion. It can be yes or no, but like i said im trying to help

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by Lamdage22 on March 7, 2021, at 3:29:47

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by rjlockhart37 on March 1, 2021, at 19:53:04

Praying does give me comfort in bad times. And it seems that most of the time, there is an answer that I like.

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by undopaminergic on March 7, 2021, at 7:21:00

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by Lamdage22 on March 7, 2021, at 3:29:47

> Praying does give me comfort in bad times. And it seems that most of the time, there is an answer that I like.
>

Good for you. My experience is that God is there with me when I'm having a good episode, and when I'm down, he seems to hide away, or at least keep a low profile. To understand, I try to put myself in his shoes, and it seems to me he is a fun-loving sort of a guy. He has humour too. It is also important to realise that he has a long-term perspective, and a day or even year in human life means little to him. It is also my experience that he helps those who do their best for themselves. Or in other words, treating him as a wish-fulfilment machine just won't work.

-undopaminergic

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by Lamdage22 on March 7, 2021, at 9:59:51

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by undopaminergic on March 7, 2021, at 7:21:00

I think it depends. If you are asking to get laid tonight and never call her again, it may be considered an asinine request. But if you are in great pain or asking for more noble things, more likely.

Or in other words, treating him as a wish-fulfilment machine just won't work.
>
> -undopaminergic
>

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by Lamdage22 on March 7, 2021, at 10:22:28

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by Lamdage22 on March 7, 2021, at 9:59:51

He has his own schedule, too. Sometimes patience is needed.

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by undopaminergic on March 7, 2021, at 10:58:26

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by Lamdage22 on March 7, 2021, at 10:22:28

> He has his own schedule, too. Sometimes patience is needed.

Eternity is his schedule...

It's hard to know whether he is rejecting your requests (prayers) or is just taking his time, or maybe he knows your problem will be resolved in the future without his help, maybe through your own efforts.

-undopaminergic

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by Lamdage22 on March 7, 2021, at 13:38:17

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by undopaminergic on March 7, 2021, at 10:58:26

Well it is hard to know anything about God... Personally, I don't think "turn the other cheek" is a good rule. It just perpetuates abuse and saying that to people is a good way of keeping them under control. Am I wrong?

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by undopaminergic on March 8, 2021, at 2:37:57

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by Lamdage22 on March 7, 2021, at 13:38:17

> Well it is hard to know anything about God... Personally, I don't think "turn the other cheek" is a good rule. It just perpetuates abuse and saying that to people is a good way of keeping them under control. Am I wrong?
>

I don't think so, but if everyone did it, all would be great.

-undopaminergic

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by Lamdage22 on March 8, 2021, at 4:37:24

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by undopaminergic on March 8, 2021, at 2:37:57

Evil people won't.

> I don't think so, but if everyone did it, all would be great.
>
> -undopaminergic
>

 

Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea

Posted by Lamdage22 on March 8, 2021, at 4:44:48

In reply to Re: I am going through a suicidal crisis....help, plea, posted by Lamdage22 on March 8, 2021, at 4:37:24

I think all would be great if the cheeks remained unscathed!


Go forward in thread:


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Medication | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.