Psycho-Babble Medication Thread 1044436

Shown: posts 1 to 12 of 12. This is the beginning of the thread.

 

viibryd activation

Posted by joef on May 28, 2013, at 21:50:44

is the reason that viibryd is so activating is because it is stronger with serotonin than other ssri's

 

Re: viibryd activation joef

Posted by SLS on May 28, 2013, at 23:26:58

In reply to viibryd activation, posted by joef on May 28, 2013, at 21:50:44

> is the reason that viibryd is so activating is because it is stronger with serotonin than other ssri's

I can't be sure. Take note that Viibryd does not extinguish one's sex drive as SSRIs do. This may be due to its ability to act as a partial agonist of the serotonin 5-HT1a receptor. If you experience activation, perhaps it is this property that is responsible for it.


- Scott

 

Re: viibryd activation

Posted by joef on May 29, 2013, at 7:34:52

In reply to Re: viibryd activation joef, posted by SLS on May 28, 2013, at 23:26:58

at 40 mg it seems like all the others as far as sex drive is concerned....since few posts on viibryd I,m assuming others have tried it and quit it due to inefectiveness

 

Re: viibryd activation joef

Posted by SLS on May 29, 2013, at 8:09:12

In reply to Re: viibryd activation, posted by joef on May 29, 2013, at 7:34:52

> at 40 mg it seems like all the others as far as sex drive is concerned....since few posts on viibryd I,m assuming others have tried it and quit it due to inefectiveness

Not really. Very few here have tried it. I'm not sure why. Perhaps doctors are relying upon information describing Viibryd as being an inferior drug. I experienced a moderate improvement. However, like so many other drugs that I have tried, the improvement was short-lived.


- Scott

 

Re: viibryd activation joef

Posted by Phillipa on May 29, 2013, at 9:40:22

In reply to Re: viibryd activation, posted by joef on May 29, 2013, at 7:34:52

You know I feel you are right. I only remember one other poster who was on it. Wasn't it Phiddipus (Eric)? I think he was taking it for OCD. But I don't think he's on it anymore. Not sure why? Phillipa

 

Re: viibryd activation

Posted by joef on May 29, 2013, at 11:07:06

In reply to Re: viibryd activation joef, posted by Phillipa on May 29, 2013, at 9:40:22

think the drug might be a dog

 

Re: viibryd activation Phillipa

Posted by SLS on May 29, 2013, at 12:02:32

In reply to Re: viibryd activation joef, posted by Phillipa on May 29, 2013, at 9:40:22

> But I don't think he's on it anymore. Not sure why? Phillipa

You could be right.

Was this through a personal communication? If not, then what makes you say this? Did I miss his posting this information?

I hope Phiddipus is doing well. If you are in touch with him, please let him know that I was asking about him.


- Scott

 

Re: viibryd activation SLS

Posted by Phillipa on May 29, 2013, at 20:20:41

In reply to Re: viibryd activation Phillipa, posted by SLS on May 29, 2013, at 12:02:32

Scott I will let him know. Yes another site. Not related to medications. Phillipa

 

Re: viibryd activation Phillipa

Posted by joe schmoe on June 1, 2013, at 9:01:46

In reply to Re: viibryd activation joef, posted by Phillipa on May 29, 2013, at 9:40:22

> You know I feel you are right. I only remember one other poster who was on it. Wasn't it Phiddipus (Eric)? I think he was taking it for OCD. But I don't think he's on it anymore. Not sure why? Phillipa

I don't know why everyone keeps forgetting I was on it for quite a while, and I started a thread on my experiences with it to which a number of other people contributed who also were on it. This was right when it came out.

http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20110630/msgs/990085.html

 

Re: viibryd activation

Posted by joef on June 1, 2013, at 12:21:39

In reply to Re: viibryd activation Phillipa, posted by joe schmoe on June 1, 2013, at 9:01:46

I will read your post when I get a chance..... short story would you recommend or not

 

Re: viibryd activation joef

Posted by joe schmoe on June 1, 2013, at 12:30:07

In reply to Re: viibryd activation, posted by joef on June 1, 2013, at 12:21:39

> I will read your post when I get a chance..... short story would you recommend or not


It was intolerable for me, and actually got worse over time, but it seems that these drugs are different for each person, so I would always recommend trying it to see how it goes.

 

Re: viibryd activation joef

Posted by Phillipa on June 1, 2013, at 20:44:22

In reply to Re: viibryd activation, posted by joef on June 1, 2013, at 12:21:39

Since I'm not a licensed doctor & don't know you there is no way I could suggest a med for you. The others who have taken this med can tell how they reacted on it. Phillipa


This is the end of the thread.


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Medication | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.