Psycho-Babble Medication Thread 1038016

Shown: posts 1 to 11 of 11. This is the beginning of the thread.

 

Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...)

Posted by Lamdage22 on February 13, 2013, at 14:03:51

Hi Folks..

it seems like i truly am either Schizophrenic or Schizo-Affective.

I benefit from Zyprexa. Not Seroquel, not Abilify and not Risperdal. Without it im having violent thoughts, what doctors called "psychotic motivated fears".. and people around me seem "unreal". The hateful thoughts are directed either at myself or non specified others. Somehow hatred gets a grip of me without zyprexa. Im not terribly happy looking at taking meds for the rest of my life.

Also i am asking myself if theres a way to escape the hatred... and to recover from schizophrenia? I mean what is the difference anyway? Schizoaffective disorder or Schizophrenia with some depression?

Im currently taking 7.5 at night. I wanna ask about spreading it out throughout the day. Abilify made me jumpy, so i just dropped it.

Idk what to say. Feel like im dying either from Zyprexa or my illness. No big healing and happy depression free life.

I have gotten pretty much every diagnosis in the book.

-Julian

 

Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...) Lamdage22

Posted by sigismund on February 14, 2013, at 0:24:07

In reply to Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...), posted by Lamdage22 on February 13, 2013, at 14:03:51

>I have gotten pretty much every diagnosis in the book.

It was Chekhov who said something amusing about this. Along the lines of

If you get many diagnoses for a complaint you can be sure there is no cure.

I forget exactly.

Do those words, schizophrenic, schizo-affective, mean anything to you?

When I reflect on the young people I knew a long time ago who actually went psychotic, they fall into 2 groups....those who were lucid but had altered states, and those who were not. The former would now be diagnosed bipolar, probably BPI. The others had something different going on, God knows what.

 

Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...)

Posted by Lamdage22 on February 14, 2013, at 8:00:46

In reply to Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...) Lamdage22, posted by sigismund on February 14, 2013, at 0:24:07

> >I have gotten pretty much every diagnosis in the book.
>
> It was Chekhov who said something amusing about this. Along the lines of
>
> If you get many diagnoses for a complaint you can be sure there is no cure.
>
> I forget exactly.
>
> Do those words, schizophrenic, schizo-affective, mean anything to you?

I dont know, i guess it means that i have to be on medication for the rest of my life. Thats what makes me suicidal. I have the option to go to a psyche hospital where they withdraw people from medication. I could go there and try.

>
> When I reflect on the young people I knew a long time ago who actually went psychotic, they fall into 2 groups....those who were lucid but had altered states, and those who were not. The former would now be diagnosed bipolar, probably BPI. The others had something different going on, God knows what.

 

Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...) Lamdage22

Posted by Phillipa on February 14, 2013, at 9:41:39

In reply to Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...), posted by Lamdage22 on February 14, 2013, at 8:00:46

Hi Lamadge so you have a diagnosis from a doc here in US or your home country? Really doesn' matter. I think you should take the meds he prescribed. If they work for you, will you attend school? Phillipa

 

Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...) Lamdage22

Posted by sigismund on February 14, 2013, at 17:25:20

In reply to Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...), posted by Lamdage22 on February 14, 2013, at 8:00:46

How's your sleep?

Agomelatine eventually made my sleep worse, and of course Parnate did so from the beginning.

 

Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...)

Posted by Lamdage22 on February 15, 2013, at 4:17:30

In reply to Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...) Lamdage22, posted by Phillipa on February 14, 2013, at 9:41:39

Hi Phillipa,

yes either university or i want to become a golf teaching professional

 

Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...)

Posted by bleauberry on February 15, 2013, at 4:31:53

In reply to Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...), posted by Lamdage22 on February 13, 2013, at 14:03:51

Ok, people often think my views are weird, unproven, whatever. Actually, if you think about it, the entire psychiatric industry is that way. But anyway, ok, the psych drugs aren't working against whatever is wrong. Ok. That tells you something. It tells you it is something else that those meds are not touching.
Bizarre psychiatric stuff, especially in the panic/psychotic/schizo arena, is in my opinion almost always a result of a foreign insult by foreign molecules that are corrupting, contaminating, your neurotransmitters, clogging receptors, confusing feedback mechanisms, basically total chaos in the brain. The kinds of things that do that, in my experience anyway, and proven in my experience, are....chronic stealth unknown infections, lyme being the common one but there are a handful of similar and related, in the bacterial, fungal, and viral classes....inflammation of the brain....toxin accumulation, such as mercury, lead, plastics, cadmium, aluminum.
So if not psych meds, what to do? Attack the monster from several angles....anti-inflammation, anti-toxin, and anti-infection. Strategies such as testing oneself for gluten sensitivity, dairy sensitivity, etc, these are very important. Basically, remove these kinds of insults to the human body, and the brain symptoms get better or go a way completley. Not that easy, we are talking months, try some of this, try some of that, combine this, combine that....most of the plant medicines of the world, much more useful in these things than any meds are....they work in synergy.
Study up on chronic lyme, read the book Healing Lyme by stephen buhner....it doesn't matter whether you have lyme or not, these same strategies are the ones likely to make those crazy schizo symptoms go away.
I say all this from personal experience. I was on zyprexa 8 years. I had profound schizo-like emotions, and I knew they were fake, not me, but they were as real and as heavy as could be, horrible. Twisting the mind. When the toxins and insults were lessened, it all went away.
Depression was the lingering symptom, super low dose savella has helped a lot with that, and fatigue I am told is the last symptom to improve. I'm not quite there yet.
But for sure, a backpack full of psych meds, 15 years of trying them all....that route did not do a thing to improve my outcome.

 

Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...)

Posted by Lamdage22 on February 17, 2013, at 4:29:08

In reply to Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...), posted by bleauberry on February 15, 2013, at 4:31:53

Hello bleauberry, thanks for your post. There is this clinic in Arizona called "Alternative to Meds".. They do alot of the testing you have mentioned. I thought about going there.

My psychologist said that since i am on the Zyprexa 7.5, shes better able to work with me. So im going to reap some more of that benefit and then i thought about going to that clinic.

http://www.alternativetomeds.com/orthomolecular.html

It looks like they do alot of testing for the issues you mentioned. Do you think its advisable to go there? I could get a 6 month health visa and stay there. They even have a closed unit for suicidal folks IF i get into trouble.

> Ok, people often think my views are weird, unproven, whatever. Actually, if you think about it, the entire psychiatric industry is that way. But anyway, ok, the psych drugs aren't working against whatever is wrong. Ok. That tells you something. It tells you it is something else that those meds are not touching.
> Bizarre psychiatric stuff, especially in the panic/psychotic/schizo arena, is in my opinion almost always a result of a foreign insult by foreign molecules that are corrupting, contaminating, your neurotransmitters, clogging receptors, confusing feedback mechanisms, basically total chaos in the brain. The kinds of things that do that, in my experience anyway, and proven in my experience, are....chronic stealth unknown infections, lyme being the common one but there are a handful of similar and related, in the bacterial, fungal, and viral classes....inflammation of the brain....toxin accumulation, such as mercury, lead, plastics, cadmium, aluminum.
> So if not psych meds, what to do? Attack the monster from several angles....anti-inflammation, anti-toxin, and anti-infection. Strategies such as testing oneself for gluten sensitivity, dairy sensitivity, etc, these are very important. Basically, remove these kinds of insults to the human body, and the brain symptoms get better or go a way completley. Not that easy, we are talking months, try some of this, try some of that, combine this, combine that....most of the plant medicines of the world, much more useful in these things than any meds are....they work in synergy.
> Study up on chronic lyme, read the book Healing Lyme by stephen buhner....it doesn't matter whether you have lyme or not, these same strategies are the ones likely to make those crazy schizo symptoms go away.
> I say all this from personal experience. I was on zyprexa 8 years. I had profound schizo-like emotions, and I knew they were fake, not me, but they were as real and as heavy as could be, horrible. Twisting the mind. When the toxins and insults were lessened, it all went away.
> Depression was the lingering symptom, super low dose savella has helped a lot with that, and fatigue I am told is the last symptom to improve. I'm not quite there yet.
> But for sure, a backpack full of psych meds, 15 years of trying them all....that route did not do a thing to improve my outcome.

 

Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...)

Posted by Lamdage22 on February 17, 2013, at 4:30:20

In reply to Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...), posted by Lamdage22 on February 17, 2013, at 4:29:08

I probably should stop the smoking, huh?

Way to get heavy metals into your system.

> Hello bleauberry, thanks for your post. There is this clinic in Arizona called "Alternative to Meds".. They do alot of the testing you have mentioned. I thought about going there.
>
> My psychologist said that since i am on the Zyprexa 7.5, shes better able to work with me. So im going to reap some more of that benefit and then i thought about going to that clinic.
>
> http://www.alternativetomeds.com/orthomolecular.html
>
> It looks like they do alot of testing for the issues you mentioned. Do you think its advisable to go there? I could get a 6 month health visa and stay there. They even have a closed unit for suicidal folks IF i get into trouble.
>
>
>
> > Ok, people often think my views are weird, unproven, whatever. Actually, if you think about it, the entire psychiatric industry is that way. But anyway, ok, the psych drugs aren't working against whatever is wrong. Ok. That tells you something. It tells you it is something else that those meds are not touching.
> > Bizarre psychiatric stuff, especially in the panic/psychotic/schizo arena, is in my opinion almost always a result of a foreign insult by foreign molecules that are corrupting, contaminating, your neurotransmitters, clogging receptors, confusing feedback mechanisms, basically total chaos in the brain. The kinds of things that do that, in my experience anyway, and proven in my experience, are....chronic stealth unknown infections, lyme being the common one but there are a handful of similar and related, in the bacterial, fungal, and viral classes....inflammation of the brain....toxin accumulation, such as mercury, lead, plastics, cadmium, aluminum.
> > So if not psych meds, what to do? Attack the monster from several angles....anti-inflammation, anti-toxin, and anti-infection. Strategies such as testing oneself for gluten sensitivity, dairy sensitivity, etc, these are very important. Basically, remove these kinds of insults to the human body, and the brain symptoms get better or go a way completley. Not that easy, we are talking months, try some of this, try some of that, combine this, combine that....most of the plant medicines of the world, much more useful in these things than any meds are....they work in synergy.
> > Study up on chronic lyme, read the book Healing Lyme by stephen buhner....it doesn't matter whether you have lyme or not, these same strategies are the ones likely to make those crazy schizo symptoms go away.
> > I say all this from personal experience. I was on zyprexa 8 years. I had profound schizo-like emotions, and I knew they were fake, not me, but they were as real and as heavy as could be, horrible. Twisting the mind. When the toxins and insults were lessened, it all went away.
> > Depression was the lingering symptom, super low dose savella has helped a lot with that, and fatigue I am told is the last symptom to improve. I'm not quite there yet.
> > But for sure, a backpack full of psych meds, 15 years of trying them all....that route did not do a thing to improve my outcome.
>

 

@bleauberry

Posted by Lamdage22 on February 20, 2013, at 9:30:57

In reply to Re: Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...), posted by Lamdage22 on February 17, 2013, at 4:30:20

How long until i see improvements? 3 Months?

 

Currently 7.5 Zyprexa! Withdrawal Plan

Posted by Lamdage22 on February 24, 2013, at 6:34:15

In reply to Schizo-Affective or Schizophrenic (...), posted by Lamdage22 on February 13, 2013, at 14:03:51

Hi Folks!

I highly doubt that i am Schizophrenic as there is no Family history of that. I still believe alot of it was inadequate medication. Of course no Psychiatrist will admit this.

I want to come off of the Zyprexa. Currently i take 7.5 mg.
I want to come off of it really slowly.

Any tipps how to do this smoothly? I can use a capsulemaker and do pretty much any dosing i want.


This is the end of the thread.


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Medication | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.