Psycho-Babble Medication Thread 699922

Shown: posts 15 to 39 of 90. Go back in thread:

 

Re: Best way of killing myself

Posted by deniseuk190466 on November 3, 2006, at 14:50:52

In reply to Best way of killing myself, posted by FrequentFryer on November 2, 2006, at 21:28:40

If I was going to do it, I'd jump of a really really high cliff like Beachy Head. But I'd prefer to just fall into a long, deep sleep heading into oblivion.

Having said that, you say you have tried all of the antidepressant medications but have you tried antipsychotics, ECT, VNS, mood stabilisers, there are so many other options other than just Antidepressants on there own.


Denise

 

I will answer your question

Posted by bassman on November 3, 2006, at 16:49:08

In reply to Best way of killing myself, posted by FrequentFryer on November 2, 2006, at 21:28:40

I agree with all the posts about getting help NOW. But I do know a great deal about toxicity of drugs, and I'll tell you this: no matter what drug you take and no matter how much, there is always a significant chance you'll survive and injury yourself physically in the process. There are a whole bunch of reasons for why you might well survive...but wish you hadn't. In short, a suicide attempt may well increase your emotional/physical pain, not decrease it.

 

Re: Best way of killing myself

Posted by FrequentFryer on November 3, 2006, at 19:07:26

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself, posted by deniseuk190466 on November 3, 2006, at 14:50:52

Ok Thanks Heaps guys...
Ill try & get my sh*t togather.

 

Re: Best way of killing myself FrequentFryer

Posted by Phillipa on November 3, 2006, at 19:12:29

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself, posted by FrequentFryer on November 3, 2006, at 19:07:26

So glad to hear you're okay. Do you have a plan to feel better? Love Phillipa

 

Re: Best way of killing myself

Posted by FrequentFryer on November 3, 2006, at 19:19:49

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself FrequentFryer, posted by Phillipa on November 3, 2006, at 19:12:29

> So glad to hear you're okay. Do you have a plan to feel better? Love Phillipa

I recently merged from effexor to Nortryptaline (tricyclic)... Ive tried everything except a tricyclic.
I quit the Effexor almost immediatly to and got the Nortrip up to 100mg in like 3 days and got no withdrawl from the Effexor.
And I gotta say .. I reckon the Nortriptaline has less side effects then the SSRI/SNRI's/Maoi's & Hetro's.
Ive been on it for almost 3 weeks,, so yeah see how it goes. Every med Ive taken works after about a month for about 2 weeks then poops out.

 

Re: Best way of killing myself

Posted by FrequentFryer on November 3, 2006, at 19:31:48

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself, posted by FrequentFryer on November 3, 2006, at 19:19:49

But yeah when your hell depressed for so long and you literally enjoy being asleep rather then awake, suicide dose cross ya mind, well it has for me anyways.

To get better I need a job / house / car / girlfriend.
All of which is pretty hard whith social anxiety / Depression.
To be honest a hot girlfriend would make me the most happiest, Im really good looking, but girls like confidence and personality and sh*t. Looks only help a bit.
But on the flip side men are just as bad all I want is looks, Im very shallow, if a chick was dumb def, mute & depressed but was hot I would love her (aslong as she showed some affection back) but we cant help what we are attracted to.

 

Re: Best way of killing myself

Posted by FrequentFryer on November 3, 2006, at 19:46:38

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself, posted by FrequentFryer on November 3, 2006, at 19:31:48

And thats why the world is f*cked up, dumb hot chicks go for an arogant jerk and get pregnant then a child is born that will turn out like there parents (good looking, selfish and arrogant). Where as the nice people who maybe a bit shy / low on confidence but smart and have high morals and don't just think about themselves don't have babies and we are left with a society of arrogant good looking dumb-*ss's.
Life just seems like a crazy *ss unfair game to me.

> But yeah when your hell depressed for so long and you literally enjoy being asleep rather then awake, suicide dose cross ya mind, well it has for me anyways.
>
> To get better I need a job / house / car / girlfriend.
> All of which is pretty hard whith social anxiety / Depression.
> To be honest a hot girlfriend would make me the most happiest, Im really good looking, but girls like confidence and personality and sh*t. Looks only help a bit.
> But on the flip side men are just as bad all I want is looks, Im very shallow, if a chick was dumb def, mute & depressed but was hot I would love her (aslong as she showed some affection back) but we cant help what we are attracted to.

 

Re: Best way of killing myself FrequentFryer

Posted by Phillipa on November 3, 2006, at 20:13:10

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself, posted by FrequentFryer on November 3, 2006, at 19:46:38

FF I would give anything for two weeks of feeling better. And good health. And lack of fear. Those are far more important to me than a car, girlfriend. I think you may need to rethink your priorities and work on getting well first as a well person attracts another well person. Love Phillipa ps you sound so angry are you? I know I am I hate being anxious and depressed

 

Re: Best way of killing myself Squiggles

Posted by yxibow on November 3, 2006, at 20:39:11

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself yxibow, posted by Squiggles on November 3, 2006, at 13:55:34

> > > I'm almost ashamed to even ask this, but
> > > because it appears like a "respectable"
> > > study, has anyone tried Saffron? I would
> > > be interested in recommending it for
> > > major depression, and as this is for mild
> > > to moderate depression it may work as an adjunct to imipramine rather than a replacement.
> > >
> > > Would a dr. recommend a natural product
> > > like this or should it be considered a
> > > waste of money?
> > >
> > > http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=517724
> > >
> > >
> > > If anyone has tried it, please let me know how
> > > you found it.
> > >
> > > tx
> > >
> > > Squiggles
> >
> >
> > Considering the country its coming out of.... Of course they used to have flourishing science. But I'm opening a can of worms there.
>
> You mean "THE AXIS OF EVIL"?

Quite. I didn't want to get into the political fray. All the intelligentsia who could have escaped before 1979 have, largely to the US or other diaspora. Significant Jewish population in the past, of which we now have a madman there making all sorts of revolting statements. But this is for the political arena...

> >
> > What does alternative medicine using a garlic relative have to do with suicide ?
>
> Uhm.... I don't know? LOL!
>
> best to check it with an expert :-)

Indeed. Thank you. :)

>
> Squiggles
>
>

 

Re: Best way of killing myself

Posted by clint878 on November 4, 2006, at 13:25:11

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself, posted by FrequentFryer on November 3, 2006, at 19:46:38

You're not alone in your views on women. Take a look at http://www.gamesareforchildren.com/.

By the way, there may be a reason why none of these antidepressants are working. You could be bipolar. A clue is the social anxiety disorder. In one study, 18 patients were successfully treated for social anxiety; however, 14 developed mania as a result of the treatment. There is a high correlation between the two conditions.

Think back to your past and try to remember if there were ever periods of a day or two when you had a lot more energy. For example, you might have learned that a girl had a crush on you in high school, and you had an incredible amount of energy for a day or two and were very excited, until you couldn't get up the guts to approach her. At that point, you probably slid back into depression.

Another clue is that you enjoy being asleep all the time. People with extremely low energy when depressed are more likely to be bipolar.

You might want to ask for a trial of Lamictal, which is a low-risk mood stabilizer with few side effects.

 

Re: Best way of killing myself FrequentFryer

Posted by ed_uk on November 4, 2006, at 14:56:59

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself, posted by FrequentFryer on November 3, 2006, at 19:46:38

FF,

Nortriptyline has a reputation for *not* pooping out. Best of luck. I really hope it helps you.

Ed

 

Parable of the Talents FrequentFryer

Posted by Declan on November 4, 2006, at 18:18:37

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself, posted by FrequentFryer on November 3, 2006, at 19:46:38

Life just seems like a crazy *ss unfair game to me.


To him who has shall more be given, but to him who has not, even that which he has shall be taken away.

 

Re: Parable of the Talents Declan

Posted by Squiggles on November 4, 2006, at 18:25:33

In reply to Parable of the Talents FrequentFryer, posted by Declan on November 4, 2006, at 18:18:37


"the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short."


Thomas Hobbes

 

Re: wait a second? Declan

Posted by linkadge on November 4, 2006, at 18:44:20

In reply to Parable of the Talents FrequentFryer, posted by Declan on November 4, 2006, at 18:18:37

I never understood that parable. God stealing from the poor to give to the ritch...wtf?

I think something was lost in the translation :)

Linkadge

 

Re: Best way of killing myself

Posted by FrequentFryer on November 4, 2006, at 18:51:39

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself, posted by clint878 on November 4, 2006, at 13:25:11

Yeah Ive tried lithium before for 3 weeks but it didn't give a noticable improvement. My uncle is Bipolar,, after Ive taken the Nortriptaline for a month might try augmenting Lamictal.

> You're not alone in your views on women. Take a look at http://www.gamesareforchildren.com/.
>
> By the way, there may be a reason why none of these antidepressants are working. You could be bipolar. A clue is the social anxiety disorder. In one study, 18 patients were successfully treated for social anxiety; however, 14 developed mania as a result of the treatment. There is a high correlation between the two conditions.
>
> Think back to your past and try to remember if there were ever periods of a day or two when you had a lot more energy. For example, you might have learned that a girl had a crush on you in high school, and you had an incredible amount of energy for a day or two and were very excited, until you couldn't get up the guts to approach her. At that point, you probably slid back into depression.
>
> Another clue is that you enjoy being asleep all the time. People with extremely low energy when depressed are more likely to be bipolar.
>
> You might want to ask for a trial of Lamictal, which is a low-risk mood stabilizer with few side effects.

 

Re: Best way of killing myself

Posted by FrequentFryer on November 4, 2006, at 19:05:10

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself FrequentFryer, posted by Phillipa on November 3, 2006, at 20:13:10

Yeah I am kind of angry,, cos life is definatly unfair,,, and if there is a god who created us, he is either not perfect or crewl.
If there is a god, he could have easily given the first two humans atleast a bit of extra Dopamine & Serotonin, then we wouldn't have people crashing into the world trade centre etc.

> FF I would give anything for two weeks of feeling better. And good health. And lack of fear. Those are far more important to me than a car, girlfriend. I think you may need to rethink your priorities and work on getting well first as a well person attracts another well person. Love Phillipa ps you sound so angry are you? I know I am I hate being anxious and depressed

 

Re: Best way of killing myself

Posted by FrequentFryer on November 4, 2006, at 19:09:53

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself FrequentFryer, posted by ed_uk on November 4, 2006, at 14:56:59

> FF,
>
> Nortriptyline has a reputation for *not* pooping out. Best of luck. I really hope it helps you.
>
> Ed

Sweet thats good to hear. Cheers Ed.
It has less side effects for me compared to most of the newer ones.

 

Re: wait a second?

Posted by FrequentFryer on November 4, 2006, at 19:13:53

In reply to Re: wait a second? Declan, posted by linkadge on November 4, 2006, at 18:44:20

hehehe yeah tell me about it.. I think allot of stuff from the bible is misinterpretated.

> I never understood that parable. God stealing from the poor to give to the ritch...wtf?
>
> I think something was lost in the translation :)
>
> Linkadge

 

Re: Best way of killing myself FrequentFryer

Posted by Squiggles on November 4, 2006, at 19:16:16

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself, posted by FrequentFryer on November 4, 2006, at 19:05:10

> Yeah I am kind of angry,, cos life is definatly unfair,,, and if there is a god who created us, he is either not perfect or crewl.
> If there is a god, he could have easily given the first two humans atleast a bit of extra Dopamine & Serotonin, then we wouldn't have people crashing into the world trade centre etc.
>

If I remember correctly, Adam and Eve had all the dopamine and serotonin they needed to be happy,
but they wanted something new, something more, so they went to the Pusher Man (disguised as a serpent) and got some really bad apples. And yes, the Lord got angry and did send a firestorm to the twin towers. So, you better listen to your doctor and be a patient patient with your meds. :-)

Squiggles

 

Re: Best way of killing myself

Posted by clint878 on November 4, 2006, at 21:06:50

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself, posted by FrequentFryer on November 4, 2006, at 18:51:39

The fact that these antidepressants "poop out" all the time strongly hints at bipolarity, as well as your uncle's diagnosis.

Take a look at http://www.psycheducation.org/depression/STEPBipolarityIndex.htm, an index from Harvard used to test for a bipolar diagnosis. Just from what I hear here, you probably have about 40 points on that scale, and if you were young when you first became depressed, the score is probably higher.

Also, lithium alone is not that useful when depression is the primary symptom. Lamictal, Symbayx, or Seroquel are the best for bipolar depression, although I would never take the latter two as they are too risky.

 

Re: Best way of killing myself clint878

Posted by Phillipa on November 4, 2006, at 21:48:48

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself, posted by clint878 on November 4, 2006, at 21:06:50

What if a med never worked and you were told you were dysphorica as a child? And then had panic disorder in your 20's which was treated well with benzos till your 50's then you became depressed with the anxiety and panic still there. Could you be bipolar. Heck to have a med work for a few weeks there is so much I would do.. Love Phillipa

 

Re: Best way of killing myself FrequentFryer

Posted by yxibow on November 4, 2006, at 21:59:13

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself, posted by FrequentFryer on November 4, 2006, at 18:51:39

> Yeah Ive tried lithium before for 3 weeks but it didn't give a noticable improvement. My uncle is Bipolar,, after Ive taken the Nortriptaline for a month might try augmenting Lamictal.


Sorry that it didn't give you an improvement.. did you try it at a significant dose? Lithium is one of the main drugs in prevention of suicide besides certain antipsychotics.

 

Re: Best way of killing myself

Posted by clint878 on November 4, 2006, at 23:47:02

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself clint878, posted by Phillipa on November 4, 2006, at 21:48:48

Perhaps the benzodiazepines are your problem. I quit taking them because they eventually made me depressed. The depression was worse than the anxiety they were supposed to treat.

Perhaps you might try withdrawing from them slowly? You may find that the depression improves.

 

Re: wait a second?

Posted by Declan on November 5, 2006, at 0:06:34

In reply to Re: wait a second?, posted by FrequentFryer on November 4, 2006, at 19:13:53

It's the most interesting (and profound, IMO) part of the New Testament. Think of emotions, of love...they work this way.
It sure aint fair.

 

Re: Best way of killing myself Squiggles

Posted by linkadge on November 5, 2006, at 8:53:42

In reply to Re: Best way of killing myself FrequentFryer, posted by Squiggles on November 4, 2006, at 19:16:16

"If I remember correctly, Adam and Eve had all the dopamine and serotonin they needed to be happy, but they wanted something new, something more"

Lets look at this on the flipside. If A&E had all had all the serotonin and dopamine they needed to be happy, they wouldn't have wanted something more. So as I see it, the capacity for sin, is infact a failure on the part of the creator.

Linkadge


Go forward in thread:


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Medication | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.