Psycho-Babble Medication Thread 490131

Shown: posts 1 to 14 of 14. This is the beginning of the thread.

 

Get up to Speed?

Posted by Paulbwell on April 26, 2005, at 22:22:05

What are folks preferred Stimulant medicines? and why?


Cheers

 

Re: Get up to Speed? Paulbwell

Posted by medhed on April 26, 2005, at 22:45:06

In reply to Get up to Speed?, posted by Paulbwell on April 26, 2005, at 22:22:05

> What are folks preferred Stimulant medicines? and why?
>
>
> Cheers

Biphetamine.
Because you can't gett it anymore.
I think it was the most recreational stim I ever had.

 

Re: Get up to Speed? medhed

Posted by Paulbwell on April 26, 2005, at 22:59:46

In reply to Re: Get up to Speed? Paulbwell, posted by medhed on April 26, 2005, at 22:45:06

> > What are folks preferred Stimulant medicines? and why?
> >
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Biphetamine.
> Because you can't gett it anymore.
> I think it was the most recreational stim I ever had.


WOW, a Biphetamine (aka Black Beauties) Trier-tell me more?

Isn't it just like Adderall?

 

Re: Get up to Speed? Paulbwell

Posted by Maxime on April 26, 2005, at 23:40:30

In reply to Get up to Speed?, posted by Paulbwell on April 26, 2005, at 22:22:05

Adderall XR because it helped my depression and it wore off smoothly ... no crashing.

Maxime

 

Re: Get up to Speed? Paulbwell

Posted by medhed on April 27, 2005, at 0:36:35

In reply to Re: Get up to Speed? medhed, posted by Paulbwell on April 26, 2005, at 22:59:46

I guess it might be equivalent to adderall. not sure, they didn't look like adderal. I haven't actually heard adderall called biphetamine. I havent seen the black ones in 25yrs. It may just be a case of brand name, generic, marketing, patent and drug company buisiness. the generic name listed for adderall is l-amphetamine and dextroamphetamine not biphetamine, at least in the U.S. I know the black ones were a different drug company, Fissun or Fusson or something and they did contain dexedrine. info on the net in a quick search was very vague. They seemed stronger than adderall and adderall doesn't seem to feel the same, although I was a young buck back then. my pdoc prescribes adderall to me now, I don't take it much... just let them stock up. I think I may be obsessing now so I need think about somethimg else. bye.

 

Re: Get up to Speed? medhed

Posted by Paulbwell on April 27, 2005, at 1:01:03

In reply to Re: Get up to Speed? Paulbwell, posted by medhed on April 27, 2005, at 0:36:35

> I guess it might be equivalent to adderall. not sure, they didn't look like adderal. I haven't actually heard adderall called biphetamine. I havent seen the black ones in 25yrs. It may just be a case of brand name, generic, marketing, patent and drug company buisiness. the generic name listed for adderall is l-amphetamine and dextroamphetamine not biphetamine, at least in the U.S. I know the black ones were a different drug company, Fissun or Fusson or something and they did contain dexedrine. info on the net in a quick search was very vague. They seemed stronger than adderall and adderall doesn't seem to feel the same, although I was a young buck back then. my pdoc prescribes adderall to me now, I don't take it much... just let them stock up. I think I may be obsessing now so I need think about somethimg else. bye.

Thanks Med,

A quick search showed:

Biphetamine was available in 2 strengths made by Strasenburg for weight loss,
-12.5mg-white and black
-20mg-All black
Equal parts of L and D Amphetamine mixed in a special hardened matrix. I believe they lasted 12 hours.

Cheers

 

Re: Get up to Speed? Paulbwell

Posted by Racer on April 27, 2005, at 14:48:45

In reply to Re: Get up to Speed? medhed, posted by Paulbwell on April 27, 2005, at 1:01:03

I never knew what it was, but I used to take Black Beauties -- hell, I used to snort them, which was very much like getting kicked in the nose by a mule...

Ah, yes -- the wildly misspent nights of my youth...

 

Re: Get up to Speed?

Posted by Phillipa on April 27, 2005, at 18:13:55

In reply to Re: Get up to Speed? Paulbwell, posted by Racer on April 27, 2005, at 14:48:45

I wonder what they gave me in l968 as a diet aid after my son was born. I didn't really have weight to lose, but the OBGYN's wife was friend of mine so he gave me a one month supply of something. All I remember was washing the windows daily. I only took the med every other day as I wanted it to last. And at the end I was having trouble sleeping. Sleep wasn't a problem then nor was depression or anxiety. I was 22. Fondly, Phillipa

 

Re: Get up to Speed? Paulbwell

Posted by vivi on April 27, 2005, at 19:12:05

In reply to Get up to Speed?, posted by Paulbwell on April 26, 2005, at 22:22:05

> What are folks preferred Stimulant medicines? and why?
>
>
> Cheers

You know my response: Dexedrine! I tried Ritalin, but I had bad mood swings. My M.D. had suggested also trying Adderall XL, but I am not sure because of the whole "weight loss" thing I have to deal with.

 

Re: Get up to Speed?

Posted by Mr.Scott on April 28, 2005, at 17:08:53

In reply to Get up to Speed?, posted by Paulbwell on April 26, 2005, at 22:22:05

1)Dexedrine long acting in am and short acting in PM. Clean, smooth, effective for depression and fatigue.

2)Adderall XR is basically the same except it has another part of the amphetamine in addition to Dextroamphetamine which may make it more toxic. It has been pulled for cardiac issues in some countries.

 

Re: Get up to Speed? vivi

Posted by zeugma on April 28, 2005, at 17:15:15

In reply to Re: Get up to Speed? Paulbwell, posted by vivi on April 27, 2005, at 19:12:05

You know my response: Dexedrine! I tried Ritalin, but I had bad mood swings. My M.D. had suggested also trying Adderall XL, but I am not sure because of the whole "weight loss" thing I have to deal with.>>

Provigil is actually making me gain weight.

Ritalin: great for ADD, I would get these 'trances' where I would write and could focus really well on what I was doing, but it was wretchedly short-acting even in its LA formulation and I had horrendous crashes and irritability, along with dreadful anxiety (I have a pre-existing, severe anxiety disorder and the ritalin made it worse, incredibly.)

Cylert was good for focus and smooth-acting, but made me lose weight and has been pulled off the market anyway.

i have never tried Dexedrine, but I can't handle the weight issue.

-z


 

Re: Get up to Speed? zeugma

Posted by vivi on April 28, 2005, at 21:11:43

In reply to Re: Get up to Speed? vivi, posted by zeugma on April 28, 2005, at 17:15:15

> You know my response: Dexedrine! I tried Ritalin, but I had bad mood swings. My M.D. had suggested also trying Adderall XL, but I am not sure because of the whole "weight loss" thing I have to deal with.>>
>
> Provigil is actually making me gain weight.
>
> Ritalin: great for ADD, I would get these 'trances' where I would write and could focus really well on what I was doing, but it was wretchedly short-acting even in its LA formulation and I had horrendous crashes and irritability, along with dreadful anxiety (I have a pre-existing, severe anxiety disorder and the ritalin made it worse, incredibly.)
>
> Cylert was good for focus and smooth-acting, but made me lose weight and has been pulled off the market anyway.
>
> i have never tried Dexedrine, but I can't handle the weight issue.
>
> -z
>
>
> I was really worried about the weight, but last time I was weighed everyrhing was ok. I am pretty underweight for my age and height. Dexedrine is long acting and if I take it early enought, I don't have to worry about wasting one of my precious ambiens.
Viv

 

Re: Get up to Speed?

Posted by Alejandro on April 29, 2005, at 7:46:53

In reply to Get up to Speed?, posted by Paulbwell on April 26, 2005, at 22:22:05

> What are folks preferred Stimulant medicines? and why?

Ive tried:

* Provigil: a smart drug, I feel awake and cloudless.
* Wellbutrin: I consider it a stimulant, not an AD. I used to like it too, but it is plenty of side effects. However, I experienced noticeable euphoria on it (specially the first days).
* Cylert: Its not a smart drug nor makes you euphoric. I even had a panic attack on it. I hate it.
* Street meth: When I was younger, I remember being 4 days wihtout sleeping. It was funny. It was dangerous. Now Im afraid of this extreme experiences.
* Cocaine: I was even younger than when I took meth. I found it much more similar to ritalin than meth. I used to take it only for recreational purposes. It is nicer than pemoline, I must confess. But I didnt wanted to be a freaky drug-addict, so dropped it.
* Ritalin: I love it. :-)

 

Re: Get up to Speed?-Ritalin Alejandro

Posted by Paulbwell on April 29, 2005, at 15:29:12

In reply to Re: Get up to Speed?, posted by Alejandro on April 29, 2005, at 7:46:53

> > What are folks preferred Stimulant medicines? and why?
>
> Ive tried:
>
> * Provigil: a smart drug, I feel awake and cloudless.
> * Wellbutrin: I consider it a stimulant, not an AD. I used to like it too, but it is plenty of side effects. However, I experienced noticeable euphoria on it (specially the first days).
> * Cylert: Its not a smart drug nor makes you euphoric. I even had a panic attack on it. I hate it.
> * Street meth: When I was younger, I remember being 4 days wihtout sleeping. It was funny. It was dangerous. Now Im afraid of this extreme experiences.
> * Cocaine: I was even younger than when I took meth. I found it much more similar to ritalin than meth. I used to take it only for recreational purposes. It is nicer than pemoline, I must confess. But I didnt wanted to be a freaky drug-addict, so dropped it.
> * Ritalin: I love it. :-)

Hi Ya!

Ritalin is very helpfull for my studies,

Called a "mild stimulant", Ritalin is known to be just as good as Dexedrine. Comparison tests of Ritalin and Dex show Ritalin to be 'superior mg for mg in it's ability to excite mental faculities.---'Pills a go go'


This is the end of the thread.


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Medication | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.