Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: SLS: Which brand of Nardil do you take? PeterMartin

Posted by SLS on September 8, 2021, at 14:05:34

In reply to SLS: Which brand of Nardil do you take?, posted by PeterMartin on September 3, 2021, at 11:54:39

Hi, Peter.


> Hey Scott,
>
> Can you say which brand of Nardil you are taking/having success w/ at the moment?
>
> I assume it's between:
>
> Pfizer (which is prob the same as Greenstone)
>
> and
>
> Lupin/Gavis


I prefer Greenstone for no other reason than that it was the product that I first responded to. My pharmacy once gave me Lupin. I didn't notice any difference. I still have a hard time believing that so many people who responded to the original Nardil went on to relapse upon being forced to switch to the revised product. However, this was a global complaint.

>
> I've always used Lupin in the past, but some people on reddit speak highly of Greenstone also.
>
> Thx!


You're welcome. How are you feeling now?

I have had to revise my dosages of both Nardil and nortriptyline. I was actually taking too much of both for almost a year. My discovery of being dosed too high with nortriptyline was serendipitous. I had been taking 100 mg/day. I am still working with finessing the dosage of Nardil. Right now, it appears that I might do best at 60 mg/day instead of the 90 mg/day that I had been at for over a year. I had tried to raise the dosage up to 120 mg/day in an effort to capture a more stable therapeutic response. Although the side effects were of no greater magnitude at 120 mg/day, it just wouldn't stick. So far, I self-medicated up and down and up and down with dosager the 40 years since I began treatment, I have never encountered anything suggesting that Nardil had a therapeutic index. I'm lucky to have accurately identify the physical side effects that were an index of Nardil
dosing. Teeth clenching and sucking the sides of my tongue through my teeth seem to be reliable markers for me of using too high a dosage of Nardil.


This is what I'm taking now:

Nardil - 60 mg/day
nortriptyline - 75 mg/day
Lamictal - 300 mg/day
lithium 300 mg/day


I am optimistic that I can remain at these dosages and establish a more stable a path to complete remission.

Feel free to exchange advice and observations.


- Scott


Some see things as they are and ask why.
I dream of things that never were and ask why not.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

 

Thread

 

Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post


Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.

 

Start a new thread

 
Google
dr-bob.org www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for
in

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:SLS thread:1116815
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20210723/msgs/1116858.html