Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: 'Growing Up Bipolar' in Newsweek linkadge

Posted by yxibow on June 12, 2008, at 5:30:42

In reply to Re: 'Growing Up Bipolar' in Newsweek, posted by linkadge on June 11, 2008, at 8:51:05

> Can't they create a non murcury based vaccine?
> WFT?
> Linkadge

They are making an effort.

You can read, at least in the US, at


The amount of mercury in remaining vaccines is way down in the noise level. There are reasons for putting preservatives in vaccines -- you don't want a partially-killed virus to go awry, which is almost impossible, but more important you don't want any vaccines tainted with acquired germs to be injected into someone.

I know it is a big controversy with autism, so I can't touch that one. And then there is the even more controversial anti-amalgam alternative view which goes as far as extracting all mercury from ones teeth (which can cause mercury to fall into the body and increase decay tremendously not to mention cost ridiculous amounts).

I know its painful to find a reason for something -- I've been searching for almost 7 years to get my way out of an illness that though generalized depression and anxiety I can identify with, I honestly can't identify with anybody on here because I have never heard of this disorder. I may be the only person in my part of the world to have visual heightenednes/snow/etc and some audio somatic symptoms that are real, triggered by anxiety and some even baffle neurologists.

But another dramatic example -- just accidentally drop and shatter one of those "compact fluorescent lights" when its off on the floor. It contains about 5mg (not tenths of micrograms like in vaccines) of mercury.

Of course US coal fired plants produce 50 tons of mercury as a biproduct every year in the air, give or take.

Sure, every fluorescent tube and lamp that is properly labeled says "Hg" -- but they're just tossed, not because the mercury is used up necessarily, but because of other chemical buildups that eventually make them fail. So mg after mg goes crushing into your garbage and into the landfills, which are usually double lined if you're lucky and live in a western country, but I'm just trying to make a dramatic point that mercury is ubiquitous.

I'm not saying to eat an old fashioned thermometer -- they're toxic, and contain many mg of Hg -- but there is no such thing always as being safer than safe -- and I do wonder, what happens to all these lights. Yes, there are programs of "take back lights" at big corporate stores, but that must be a fraction of what people can or will typically do.

-- just a thought

-- Jay




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:yxibow thread:833251