Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: Help with Effexor side effects! questions

Posted by Sad Panda on June 18, 2004, at 11:35:05

In reply to Help with Effexor side effects!, posted by questions on June 18, 2004, at 9:48:10

> My Fiancee' has been on Effexor for just under a year. At first she improved, but lately she has been as anxious and irritable as ever. What has me the most concered however is some of her physical side effects which resemble those of someone developing Leukemia or Thyroid problems. Here is a list of both the physical and mental side effects I have noticed.
>
> Physical:
> - Numerous painless bruises on her thighs
> - Night sweats
> - Weight loss
> - Tender Lymph Nodes in her armpits
> - Insomnia
> - Too tired to go to work
> - Too tired to do anything around the house
>
> Mental:
> - Becomes inconsolable at times over very minor things
> - Zero sex drive
> - Arguing with her is like quicksand. She starts arguments with you for no reason, and you can't get out of them no matter how diplomatic you try to be. What's more, she gets worse and more angry at you as the one-sided argument goes on regardless of what you say or don't say. I tried letting her air out all of her complaints while I just listened, but this didn't help either. Instead of feeling better as she went on, she just got more agitated. You basically have to sit there and let her berate you, and it doesn't make her feel better. If you finally give in and snap back, then you make it ten times worse as she can't handle any criticism well at all. This happened once and it was total disaster. I was freaked out.
>
> This has all happened recently. I want her off this stuff, but I realize she may get worse from the withdrawals. In any case I am worried about the bruising and some of the other physical side effects. Are these common? What could they mean?
>
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
>

Sounds like she is due for an increase in dosage. For side effects I highly recommend Remeron especially since she is losing weight. Remeron is a great cure for SSRI induced insomnia, anorgasmia & nausea. It also is mildly anxiolytic. Bruising isn't too much of a worry, it is caused by platelets not recieving serotonin. I don't know what is causing her tender lymph nodes, it might be a good idea to get a white cell count.

Cheers,
Panda.



Share
Tweet  

Thread

 

Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post


Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.

 

Start a new thread

 
Google
dr-bob.org www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for
in

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:Sad Panda thread:357760
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20040614/msgs/357803.html