Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: Quitting effexor-xr: my experience so far (300

Posted by jeenobeano on January 29, 2004, at 15:29:37

In reply to Re: Quitting effexor-xr: my experience so far (300 kelly7707, posted by jasonr on January 27, 2004, at 10:56:57

Just thought I'd chime in with my experience so far.

With my pdoc's blessing, I've been titrating down at a ridiculously slow pace, opening up the 75mg capsule and dumping out an additional 2 beads (every third day) or one bead (the other two days) every day. I've been doing this for about 1.5 months now and have managed to get myself off about 20% of the little beads. I'm totally fine about 90% of the time; the other 10% of the time I'm not fine and go thru mild-to-moderate versions of the symptoms described on this board. When that happens, I sit tight at the level I'm at and the feelings dissipate in about 2 days.

It's gonna take me a good 6 months to get off this stuff, at least, but I've tried to go from 75 to 37.5 before and it was too horrific to bear. Excruciating, excruciating. My itty-bitty daily reduction method might be too slow for people who need off NOW, but I figure I've got time. And I'm bad with pain. ;-)


Share
Tweet  

Thread

 

Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post


Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.

 

Start a new thread

 
Google
dr-bob.org www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for
in

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:jeenobeano thread:1016
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20040127/msgs/306943.html