Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: no secrets/see bottom pharmrep

Posted by Geezer on September 23, 2002, at 15:02:22

In reply to no secrets/see bottom Geezer, posted by pharmrep on September 23, 2002, at 12:51:50

Hi pharmrep,

In respectful response to your post. Simply because the freedom of info. act exists does not mean it is automatically applied to drug testing. The application of the act usually requires litigation from the person making the request. Since the drug companies are not the issue in this case, they are not the legal governing authority, the request would go to the FDA and other governing bodies of responsibility-this often times requires a lawyer. I think it is great if the drug companies cross check each other. I spent 30 years in the medical device industry (cardiac pacemakers) and I believe we were required to follow the same rules you are.

As for the testing - I often put that argument forward - knowing full well there is no biomedical testing available to PROVE anything. My objective is to gain respect for the refractory mood disorders as medical brain disorders, to accomplish this we must rid ourselves of the social scientists and encourage real medical research. So...can we please "agree to disagree" on this point.

I think you should be proud of your work and your company - the drugs manufactured by Forest and other companies are to some degree helpful for 70% of the people who use them.....how can that be anything but good? The other 30% of us have to look deeper and work harder. I believe if the drug companies were left unfettered(sp), with the proper incentives, you might one day help us as well. No point in doing so now......governing authorites would not allow you to market "radical drugs".

Good cheer


Share
Tweet  

Thread

 

Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post


Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.

 

Start a new thread

 
Google
dr-bob.org www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for
in

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:Geezer thread:109458
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20020922/msgs/120837.html