Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: Wellbutrin Celexa Paige

Posted by Leighwit on May 15, 2001, at 11:05:04

In reply to Re: Wellbutrin Celexa Leighwit, posted by Paige on May 15, 2001, at 4:27:07

Paige,

No I don't take Celexa anymore because of the weight gain problem. For the first time in a year (the time in which I took Celexa with Wellbutrin), I've stopped gaining weight and it appears to be a direct result of discontinuing its use. Almost two weeks ago, I started a Serzone and WB combination. By the way, I don't understand your Pdoc's statement about not taking Celexa and WB at the same time. I have a weak stomach, and it didn't bother me once in an entire year of use. I always took the Celexa at the same time as the WB.

Since I've stopped the Celexa, the WB isn't working very well for me either. I'm both depressed and unbelievably irritable. I don't have much hope for the Serzone, but I need to keep giving it some time I guess.

Wellbutrin SR is a slower release version of the drug. I've never taken the other one, so I have no personal point of comparison. I'm sure Cam W. can tell you the specifics. If you post with his name in the subject line he usually responds pretty quickly from what I've seen.

Hope something helps each of us very soon. This is a terrible thing for which to enjoy company, but it sure does help to know someone else is experiencing a similar set of reactions (or lack thereof!) to the same drug/drug combinations. I've been battling this condition for ten years now, and I feel that I spend 80% of my time "experimenting" with various drugs and drug cocktails. The other 20% of the time ~ wherein I'm taking something that works, does not last very long, or the side effects begin to have consequences that are detrimental to my physical health. The repetitive cycle is becoming increasingly clear. And that, in and of itself, is enough to depress any human being.

Keep writing and stay in touch please,
Leighwit

since I discontinued it. > Leighwit,
> Thanks for responding. I am tempted to get back on
> Wellbutrin because i like some of the affects, but
> found myself back in crying spell land while on it
> and that made no sense to me. I have never tried it
> with Celexa. The pdoc only said you cannot take
> them at the same time, mucho upset stomach, but we
> never got beyond that point. I worry about the
> weight gain and sexual side affects. Celexa by itself
> did not produce so much weight gain, but sex
> drive went out the window. My only thought , as I am
> stuck in my life , is that it would give me the energy
> to move forward. Wellbutrin alone sis not do this.
> Celexa made me feel a bit flat, where as Wellbutrin
> kept an already active mind, even more active.
> I see the doc in June. For now I take Klonopin for
> sleep and I think I took too much (2mg) because I can never
> wake up ! Are you still taking Wellbutrin and
> Celexa?? How much Celexa? How much Wellbutrin?
> Do you know what the differences are between the SR
> and the other Wellbutrin? Any help is appreciated.
> Thenks, Paige


Share
Tweet  

Thread

 

Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post


Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.

 

Start a new thread

 
Google
dr-bob.org www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for
in

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:Leighwit thread:62367
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20010515/msgs/63088.html