Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: Full Medical Clerance for Work Place

Posted by Toby on September 9, 1998, at 8:35:12

In reply to Full Medical Clerance for Work Place, posted by ptsd on September 4, 1998, at 18:00:06

Do you mean a psychiatric clearance or physical clearance? Is it for new employment or to return to an old job? Do you have a doctor now or one who has recently released you? If you have a doctor of your own, you can talk to him about getting a note for clearance. The note can usually be pretty vague, revealing only that you have been under medical care (and that term can be used for psychiatric care too) and can return to full duty without restrictions -- or something along those lines. If you have no doctor of your own, you can go to your local health department or to the mental health center and be seen and see what their policy is on giving medical clearances. If you go to the company doctor just for clearance, he probably doesn't need to know every detail of your trauma since he won't be treating youon an ongoing basis, but he does need to know what your current symptoms are. Just being symptomatic doesn't mean you aren't fit to work if you feel that you are OK to return to work; it is helpful for them to know what problems may occur so that provisions can be made for you under the Americans with Disabilities Act.




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post


Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:Toby thread:536