Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: help Dr Bob

Posted by John on August 4, 1998, at 16:45:41

In reply to help Dr Bob, posted by Denise on August 4, 1998, at 10:27:52


I'm not Dr. Bob, but perhaps I can offer a suggestion. First of all, hopefully your physician is a Pyschiatrist and, hopefully, once experienced in psychopharmacology. If you aren't sure, you can call a nearby university medical center psychiatry and get a references for a good psychopharmacologist. Your psychiatrist should do a proper diagnosis, after ruling out any medical issues which may be causing or contributing to your current problems. That diagnosis is based upon something called DSM-IV, which is the psychiatrist's Dianositc and Statiscal Manual, 4th edition. You very likely could have comorbid conditions, of depression and a mood disorder. Some medications are effective in treating both. I would believe it's absolutely imperative that you contact a local university's phychiatric clinic, be seen and diagnosed immediately. It's important that you discuss your attempt at suicide when you ask for an appointment.

I wish you the best of luck




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:John thread:242