Psycho-Babble Administration Thread 1103125

Shown: posts 1 to 24 of 24. This is the beginning of the thread.

 

security problem

Posted by alexandra_k on February 4, 2019, at 12:58:26

when i go to start a new thread it opens a pop up window that is http:// rather than https://

i can type in https:// but then it defaults the board to the meds board.

that's how come i have a new thread there that was meant for the politics board. sorry.

 

Re: security problem

Posted by ert on February 8, 2019, at 3:33:02

In reply to security problem, posted by alexandra_k on February 4, 2019, at 12:58:26

Alex:

I liked to read some of your newer posts alexandra. You can read here a lot of things. Everything illegal actually possesses attractiveness and allows to satisfy as well as arouse otherwise not possible interests. But my opinion is clear that it actually should be lawfully and not allowed to extort. Whereas Ted Bundy would have liked to read about the sex side effects that the medications cause, I had read some of the social demographics posts. Since youre an autist Alexandra, I think you could be good in learning and redact paragraphs in law school. But I dont know, everyone must know oneself. This is important. Peter Jackson could maybe also be impressed by your abilities.

 

Re: security problem

Posted by alexandra_k on February 8, 2019, at 14:31:52

In reply to Re: security problem, posted by ert on February 8, 2019, at 3:33:02

Why thank you ert.

There's lots of stereotypes about autism.

Abed from 'Community'
I can't remember his name from 'The Big Bang'
I don't know his name from 'The Good Doctor'
and so on.

So... Film, physics, medicine. Actually surgery. Looks like people with autism can do... Lots of different things, really.

And the one on Community was social. All of them were. Just a bit different... Idiosyncratic is all...

And I don't think the first 2 were diagnosed... Were they? Unclear. The first one didn't need to be. Depends rather a lot on the environment...

 

Re: security problem

Posted by ert on February 9, 2019, at 2:18:12

In reply to Re: security problem, posted by alexandra_k on February 8, 2019, at 14:31:52

> Why thank you ert.
>
> There's lots of stereotypes about autism.
>
> Abed from 'Community'
> I can't remember his name from 'The Big Bang'
> I don't know his name from 'The Good Doctor'
> and so on.
>
> So... Film, physics, medicine. Actually surgery. Looks like people with autism can do... Lots of different things, really.
>
> And the one on Community was social. All of them were. Just a bit different... Idiosyncratic is all...
>
> And I don't think the first 2 were diagnosed... Were they? Unclear. The first one didn't need to be. Depends rather a lot on the environment...

interesting, but how did the good doctor pass the empathy and communicative requirements... maybe he had the dexterity skills.

you are good in writing and learning numbers such as price tags. very impressive.

the definitions are not consistent, in the us extorsion would need a threat, so theft and coercion are the better terms.

 

Re: security problem

Posted by ert on February 9, 2019, at 2:24:54

In reply to Re: security problem, posted by alexandra_k on February 8, 2019, at 14:31:52

> Why thank you ert.
>
> There's lots of stereotypes about autism.
>
> Abed from 'Community'
> I can't remember his name from 'The Big Bang'
> I don't know his name from 'The Good Doctor'
> and so on.
>
> So... Film, physics, medicine. Actually surgery. Looks like people with autism can do... Lots of different things, really.
>
> And the one on Community was social. All of them were. Just a bit different... Idiosyncratic is all...
>
> And I don't think the first 2 were diagnosed... Were they? Unclear. The first one didn't need to be. Depends rather a lot on the environment...


I think that tv series like the good doctor can never be the reality, but it can be to some extent superficially real. but it may have truth content.

 

Re: security problem ert

Posted by alexandra_k on February 10, 2019, at 13:31:52

In reply to Re: security problem, posted by ert on February 9, 2019, at 2:18:12

>learning numbers such as price tags

?
why do you say that?
I don't think I'm particularly good with numbers -- but I don't think that is a requirement.

if I am told I must hand over a sum of money before the university will look at passing me... a sum of money in excess of the up-front amount (1 years fees for one years study) then that seems like extortion to me... nobody expressed concern about my lack of progress. they can say 'people normally take 1 1/2 years' all they like or 'people normally pay us 10 years of fees before we pass them' all they like. the issue is whether they CHOOSE to do these things or whether they feel threatened into HAVING to do these things. if they wanted to FAIL me and to basically say I need to repeate the year they should have told me they were concerned about my lack of progress in time for me to have done something about it.

it's just a strategy to get me to slow down and take 2 years.

we will see what the ombudsman has to say about their thinking they are conducting their business acceptably.

i think there indeed is an element about the good doctor that is implausible. they would have found some way to rule him out. if there was an interview required then he would never have been selected. people would have gone to themselves, as they do, 'other people will not find this person acceptable therefore it is my duty to make sure he doesn't get to do it so saving him from them'. i don't know if the US requires interviews for med school admissions... but if it wasn't med school admissions then he would not have matched with his interview.

the idea that he meet his work collegues for the very first time when he arrives to take up his new job is... implausible.

one might say... that's precisely why we have interviews where we meet the candidate and think abuot how they are likely to fit... precisely so we never find ourself in the position of never having accidentally hired someone like that into our team.

so... the show is a sort of an interesting hypothetical about how bad would it be really if someone like that were to be on our team.

it is strange to me that many people do not think that is is discrimination against a person (in a way that is unacceptable) that people would discriminate against him on such superficialities about his communication / interpersonal skills.

what it is that medicine has with the way they have defined communication and interpersonal skills...

is he really falling short / lacking in those?

there is a difference in his communication style, to be sure. but is it a difference that is likely to obstruct his practice of medicine?

only when / if other people judge him to be unacceptable, seems to me. but then how is that different from people justing people to be unacceptable to them because they don't like their race or whatever.

 

Re: security problem

Posted by ert on February 14, 2019, at 13:39:50

In reply to Re: security problem ert, posted by alexandra_k on February 10, 2019, at 13:31:52

Alex:

You have good essays here. You are talented. Math is not everyones piece of cake. But you are good in learning numbers. Using them is something different.

Discrimination is a good point, Alexandra. Youre already discriminated.

Society and people do behave like they do behave but not like you want that they have to behave. Everything else is maybe a somewhat too idealistic view of the reality.

The rental prices on the northern half of the island will maybe a bit higher. Thats what I saw in his documentary film. They resettled people from the center of the city to the outskirts. I assume the reason was to occupy the space by people who can pay more.

At least you dont have to turn on the ventilators very often in the northern part of the island.

You seem to be a courageous lady.

 

Re: security problem ert

Posted by alexandra_k on February 15, 2019, at 9:46:34

In reply to Re: security problem, posted by ert on February 14, 2019, at 13:39:50

It turns out that math isn't so bad. It's just that I wasn't taught the language. Mostly because my teachers didn't know it either, I suppose. It is hard to learn as an adult, because access to the curriculum is... Restricted in some way. Not entirely sure what it is. Places like Khan academy help, but you need to practice problems, and see people work problems.

> Society and people do behave like they do behave but not like you want that they have to behave. Everything else is maybe a somewhat too idealistic view of the reality.

Aspirational. But people lack cognitive capacity for the bigger picture and / or the longer term.

> The rental prices on the northern half of the island will maybe a bit higher. Thats what I saw in his documentary film. They resettled people from the center of the city to the outskirts. I assume the reason was to occupy the space by people who can pay more.

The rental prices in Auckland are a lot higher. But then you get extra income / welfare payments living in Auckland, too. Things are always such that I'm in the lowest quartile, it doesn't matter where I go in this country. The land is ridge-valley-like. Nobody wants to live in valleys, particularly, because they are a bit swampy / sewerage runs downhill and the sewers overflow a bit and there is a bit of a smell. Or the wooden shack houses don't dry out with a hill facing side or similar.

The city centre, here, is not affluent, by any means. It's a city centre slum. I'm noticing how many immigrants there are, here. Diversity is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but I am surprised at how much of the city is feeling like china-town. I think it is largely students. Students come here when they don't get into the good universities in Hong Kong.

> At least you dont have to turn on the ventilators very often in the northern part of the island.

The hotel rooms have heat pumps for air conditioning and I'm glad they do. Need to keep the windows shut because of street / city noise. And everything is a bit swampy...

> You seem to be a courageous lady.

Thanks. That's what they said when I left Dunedin, too.

I felt like they basically put me out to pasture in Dunedin.

Why would they want to do that for?

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

They cry 'we don't have enough skilled people' that's what our problem is. But then we refuse to acknowledge the skills of the people we have got. We refuse to acknowledge them as skilled.

It's just more complete and utter sh*t that people spout, is all.

I saw something the other day. About corruption in the education system in India. About bribes to get places in competitive programs. About... This idea that the teachers pretend to teach and the students pretend to learn. I realised that that is how First Year (for Medicine) feels at both Auckland and Otago. Don't get me wrong, I know students work hard to learn the bits they didn't learn from school... But there certainly is an aspect of the... Pretense. And the places go to the kids they were always going to go to.

I realise that the brain drain here is not that our smartest people left and then the remainder took over. It is more that the smart people fled. The people who fled did really well overseas. I do worry that I'm simply wasting my time, here. Things seem determined to go backwards / downhill, here. 'Giving it back'. Excuses... Feeding the... Aspect of society that I'm locked out of.

It seems to require doing some kind of meaningless job... A job that's fairly obviously bogus. A job that's working to undermine / kick back other people.

That seems to be how to get ahead or come out on top, here.

Hierarchical people, and all.

Keep working my way up the hierarchy, apparently. Till you get to the people who have transcended the hierarchy.

I guess it's irrelevant when you are fighting for food and shelter and so on.

I don't understand why we like to be such a f*ck*ng sh*t hole of a backwards country.

I don't know that they are going to let me finish my thesis. The overseas examiner was a bit more like, whatever, but the NZ one got stuck in. He basically doesn't accept... The most basic things. It would be like sending a technical thesis in philosophy of biology to someone who didn't have any sympathy at all for that kind of empirically minded philosophy. Or sending an analytic philosophy piece to someone who didn't have any sympathy for that. There aren't any philosophers working on what I did my thesis on. Or if they did they are all workign within the old framework. You know the one. The one that was declared unsustainable about 20 years or 30 years ago. And people in these parts continue to cry 'There is no alternative' in complete... Disregard of work that has been done over the last 20 or 30 years by people in other parts of the world...

So I have to change things round and round... And the examiner basically gets to piss all over it and make me make changes that make it worse and so on. And he doesn't know what I'm talking about half the time. And f*ck knows what it is that he works on and so on... And f*ck knows who decided to send it to him, anyways.

And it's supposed to be some kind of lesson to me in...

Why it was a really bad idea for me to come back to this sh*t hole, I can only suppose.

And the trouble is that there isn't really any reason for them to pass me since I clearly don't want to play their game, anymore. They needed to have got me through when I was much younger and when I could have made them believe that they were my f*ck*ng heroes and all I ever wanted in life was to grow up to be just like them doing just what they do!

The ombudsman... I imagine 7 months later I'll still be waiting for a case person to be assigned... The one request for information that was not upheld got a case person. But no progress update. So... No timely access to justice, it seems.

It isn't really couragous.

I wasn't ready to be put out to pasture. Dunedin wasn't going to let me work. So... Bye bye Dunedin. Good luck training the Australians to be Medical Doctors on the New Zealand Government and New Zealand taxpayers dime.

There is a real feeling of inter-generational oppression in Dunedin. Class... I didn't realise the Scottish were slavers. There is an aspect of that, there.

They have 'servant's health'. And yes, of course, we are all servants in the eyes of God. I hear a stern Scottish voice bark at me if I hang my head in shame... But the logo is female hands, wrists together, palms up. In a 'ready for my bondage shackles now' kind of a way. In a looking for handouts kind of a way. That's the... Tonality. That's how they treat an aspect of their population. How they have treated them. For generations. It is very... Dismal.

The idea seems to be that you need something like this to get people working hard.

But working hard at / to what?

And then you get these awful people in charge of them. The not to bright kids of the ruling class. That's the real danger of things, really. You get people doing things they are unsuited to. With respect to their temperament and abilities and interests. Because it is their birth right.

I realise it is because the arm of the law isn't that long. Civilisation...

You do want to get to the top / the people at the top... The people who have transcended hierarchical thinking.

 

Re: security problem

Posted by alexandra_k on February 15, 2019, at 10:09:12

In reply to Re: security problem ert, posted by alexandra_k on February 15, 2019, at 9:46:34

And it's just the awful people round the bottom...
The Dean's don't like me. I don't see much to like in the Dean's. What do they do all day? Pomp and ceremony. Someone said something about how if I think there is corruption (or similar) involved in selecting Med students then why would I want to join them since those same people involved in selection were involved in inspiring or whatever Med students.

Is that really what he thinks?
That those pompous tw*ts who think it is some kind of an honour... A privaledge... A most esteemed of positions...
Those pompous tw*ts who say the most atrocious things in print...
Those pompous tw*ts who think they have some kind of divine access into the mind of God and the ability to select all and only the best...
Those pompous tw*ts ever did anything aspirational for the Med students.

Or maybe it is only the very best of the Med students who decide to give up a career in Medicine in favor of a career in University Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences administration.
I mean, give up a career working with patients.
Give up a career practicing medicine.
Give up all of that in favor of pomping and going to meetings and going to meetings where we sit around patting each other on the back for our ability to sort the wheat from the chaff only the best only the best who are definite yes from interview sort of...
Inspirational.
Yes. That's inspiring for a generation of Doctors.
Never mind all those shows about people, you know, people who actually practice Medicine.
What's truly inspiring about Medicine is all those gifted and talented masterminds working in Medical student selection and university administration.
When I grow up I want to be just like them!!
Yeah. Right.

I'm sure their parents are very proud of them.
And their children's chances of being selected in have been increased exponentially.
I mean... That's why you want to do the job -- right?
It's a good job for a private school alumni so you can go back to the school and hob knob with the wealthy parents.
Right?
So, uh, aspirational.
Yeah, right.

Or maybe he had something else in mind...

You don't want to join them...
Those are the people who...
Ideally... They just...
Round and round.
Wasting everyones time.

Transcend...

Do the work and get out.

People genuinely can't do the work so they do this kind of crap instead.
I suppose it serves a protective function.
For the people who do get on and do the work.

Everyone has been really good to me, recently.

One of my friends, even, said he didn't have time for me, anymore. Busy with life. Etc.
It was hard to respect him when he seemed to like me weak. So... Maybe our friendship will survive.

Time for housing to be sorted.

People know.
Not the people closer to the bottom with their nasty, bruitish, and short lives.
Not the people in charge of them.
But higher up...
People know.

SSsssssssh, don't tell anyone how old you are.
Not polite in polite company!
Around 1/3 practicing surgeons in the US are over... I think it was 50.
And they are largely guys, because that's the generation...
I'm gonna be still good for heaps of years yet.
People know.

I got my teeth cleaned and checked and x-rayed.
They're okay. Better for a cleaning.
They could use another.
Most of the nicotine stains came off.
Plaque from some places.
MOre time needs to be spent on other places.
But heaps better, yeah.
So happy :)

I got a good view of the country on the plane on the way up.
I was sad Dunedin didn't work out for me.
The Southern District Health Board is notoriously bad, though.
Notoriously the worst, I think.
For corruption, I suppose.
Then they get some person who is paid some exhorbatant salary (it's only temporary) to go in there and sort it out
ANd years and years later they're still in there, being paid what they are paid, and nothing has changed.
They lose accreditation to teach specialists because they refuse to hire the 3 specialists they need to run the unit.
Or they refuse to listen to the specialists when it comes to the things they need to have a safely functioning unit.
They refuse to purchase the equipment and the like.
I mean, once their own salaries have been paid there isn't any money left for actual healthcare for people or equipment or whatever.
And they are only the disposable servant slave people, anyway.
Best just do another observational study...
'Treatment as usual'
Yeah, right.
State of nature...


 

Re: security problem

Posted by alexandra_k on February 15, 2019, at 17:21:47

In reply to Re: security problem ert, posted by alexandra_k on February 15, 2019, at 9:46:34

I feel bad about saying the Chinese people who are here are here only because they didn't get into the best universities in Hong Kong. I think there is an element of truth to it, though. That many of the students are homesick and homesick for not being part of the dominant culture. I remember at some point of Biochemistry the lecturer said something about how the degree IS respected back home (and made some reference to Hong Kong) and I saw a number of students give a little sigh. Look a bit more visibly relaxed. Like they had started to worry the whole thing was a total sham...

My supervisor is adamant I need to stay enrolled for another 6 months before getting things back to external examiners.

So basically she has decided to opt out. Things go off to externals and through externals. She takes it her job is external interpretation is all. It's a kiwi internal. Just making sure nobody finishes an Arts Degree at a New Zealand University anytime soon.

Teaching me some kind of a lesson...

Teaching my supervisor never to take another research student.

It's like primary school. Bums on seats from 9-3. I mean for 1.7 years.

While externals play 'name the fallacy' and don't think that hypocracy is a failure of rationality.

 

Re: security problem

Posted by alexandra_k on February 16, 2019, at 9:20:22

In reply to Re: security problem, posted by alexandra_k on February 15, 2019, at 17:21:47

I guess it's the urban flight that many cities have. The city does just feel like poverty, to me. Sure, things are expensive, here, but the thing is that it is expensive *rubbish*. It isn't expensive because it is quality or anything like that. It is just expensive.

The city is full of young international students. And young local students, to be fair. Young students who will pack many of them into overcrowded apartment spaces. People who live off of empty calorie junk food so they make only very few rat droppings. Which is probably good for their housemates and the sewers...

The more affluent parts of the city are central suburbs. With more local shopping centres. Cafes and clothes shops and the like. There isn't much of anything in the city. International stores by the financial district, of course, but that's just part of the tourist trap around the harbour. Why would you come to New Zealand to buy Prada, or whatever? It doesn't make any sense, at all. You can tell the tourists are sick of it, too. Tired of the tourist speel.

I overheard one asking at the art gallery where they should go to see... Genuine Maaori art. Carvings and the like.

Because, of course, there aren't really any.

There isn't much of anything managed in the private sector.

I don't know what to do about my thesis. If I am forced to enrol for at least 6 more months before submitting it for examination then I find myself wondering how I'm supposed to be any further ahead than I was this time last year. I mean.... I applied to enrol last February with the intention of getting it handed in in around 6 months so as to get it completed on time.

Sounds to me like they just wasted a year of my life. Like they want me to repeat it. In order to... Teach my supervisor some kind of lesson about supervision? Teach me some kind of lesson about supervision?

THe idea seems to be that supervisors / examiners basically force you to re-write your thesis over and over until they sign off on it. So... Delete that sentance, insert this instead. Dont say that. Delete that. Reference this. Reference that.

So they basically write it for you or they will not accept it at all.

ANd people work particularly slooooooooowly in NZ. So your supervisor won't get it written on time, at all.

And apparently I need to hand over more fees, or the thing won't get written at all.

I don't know what to do. I have put in a thing with the ombudsman... But, what... 6 months later? 9 months later... I feel like it's just another delay delay delay delay delay...

I don't see any people here.

Still. Again.

They come in from their private and well fenced and treed houses in teh suburbs in their suv's. They drive into their buildings parking building and they work there... Then they leave... And so you just don't see them. Or perhaps there aren't any here. Some combination of both.

We don't have brain drain in this country. We have a flight of people. People cannot function, here.

 

Re: security problem

Posted by alexandra_k on February 16, 2019, at 9:29:49

In reply to Re: security problem, posted by alexandra_k on February 16, 2019, at 9:20:22

I just don't seem to be able to get a straight answer out of the university. With respect to what they consider to be completion in the minimum time when it comes to research degrees. I don't know whether I'm wasting my time completing my thesis now because they have delayed me sufficiently so that I cannot complete in the minimum time. I really don't understand how I can be required to pay 1/2 fees, again, because my supervisor refused to work on it in a timely fashion. If she was in fact required to order me around for... Whatever... However.. Long before they decide you have 'done enough'. I mean what is 'done enough'. Done just so much so as you took more than the minimum time? Is it the case of branding all over again? One is not allowed to finish a philosophy thesis in this country unless one takes so much time such that no other field will have you because you have only established yourself to be such a sloooooooooooow woooooorker it muuuuuust taaaaaake you twiiiiiiiiice the tiiiiiiiime....

that's what people say.. said. would say. 'sure, you can do med. but maybe not full time. maybe you would need to go part time'.

people always say this to me.

people always will not let me work.

i don't think anyone finished the UMAT. i wonder how much of it one was *supposed* to do. the people who scored in 90th percentiles and the like, i mean. did they fill in an answer for every field? no marks off for a wrong answer so they must have - right? but they didn't get time to answer every question properly... i'm fairly sure about that... unless it was much more heavily mathematics guestimate rewarding than i thought it was...

maybe things really are as farcical as i fear they might be, a lot of the time.

and people just decided about me however many years ago that i would never be allowed to do anything. largely because i don't sufficiently suck up.

my supervisor said something to be before about making people want to help me. about how she would have a chat to me about that.

because i will never be allowed to do my work on time unless i do everyone elses work for them too, right? while making them believe they did it and it's their work.

my supervisor is learning how to supervise a thesis. especially slowly. in about twice the usual time. while being paid. and while being paid to sit on the scholarships committee, while making sure i don't get a scholarship.

yeah.

i f*ck*ng love this country.

i mean... what am i supposed to say?

way to go district health boards. we can't seem to lose our accreditation fast enough. we don't want medicine or medical treatments. just want to pop out babies and start over and over and over and over and over. i suppose i'm glad the people running the show are out of sight.

where are the people?

hello?

 

Re: security problem

Posted by alexandra_k on February 16, 2019, at 9:33:40

In reply to Re: security problem, posted by alexandra_k on February 16, 2019, at 9:29:49

i mean i worked really hard. pulled really long days to get it done. pulled really long days and weekends to get it done.

but the lesson here is that hard work is not rewarded.

people would have *wanted* me to get through faster if i had have f*ck*d around with my time. if i had have appeared guilty that i was f*ck*ng around with my time. if f*ck*ng around with my time involved many meetings discussing things like why we should consider someone for a phd scholarship who didn't even apply for a phd scholarship. maybe meetings about whether a deadline was really too late even though it had passed and maybe there was something we could do about the deadline after it had been passed. all kinds of things like these... that's where they want to see you spending your time. so you are sufficiently one of them for them to see you passed and all.

even random. they'd prefer random.

one more day responding to comments...

and then, what? sit on my *ss for six months?

try and deal with comments like 'i don't like the flavor of chapter 2'.

yeah.

wasting my life in this sh*t hole of a rubbish heap

 

Re: security problem

Posted by alexandra_k on February 16, 2019, at 9:44:25

In reply to Re: security problem, posted by alexandra_k on February 15, 2019, at 17:21:47

the thing i'm having the hardest time with is that from memory... my supervisor was smart and kind. i remember thinking that. thinking that of her. i respected her. as a colleague and as a friend. but now, working with her, i really don't see any of that, anymore. philosophy in new zealand generally, i really don't see any of that, anymore. i see people quick to jump on 'name that fallacy' like a heavy handed cognitive therapist being all happy with themself that they managed to remember the name of (and identify) the cognitive distortion or faulty thinking error that they managed to learn about in school. and their focus on 'spot the fallacy' gets in the way of / prevents their comprehension of the content. they are so very quick to jump on mis-interpretations of what i'm saying to try and prove or show that i have made some error in thinking. instead of being charitable. assuming that i'm not an idiot. thinking that maybe instead of doing x badly maybe i'm doing something else.

and yet the people seem obsessed with it.

the course in the difference between science and pseudoscience.

and so on.

i'm supposed to stay with them and explain my thinking over the last 20 years especially slowly for them! there was a conference last year about a topic that there was a conference on... oh... 10 years ago? more? why more on that topic? because we are focused on history, already.... new zealand... always more than 20 years behind... always following allllooooooong eeeeeespeeeecialllly sllloooooooowwwly.

i could do more.

but i must do that. clearly. at their very own special pace. or i must do nothing at all.

awful people.

i'm 40 years old. f*ck*ng well let me go.

 

Re: security problem

Posted by alexandra_k on February 16, 2019, at 9:48:14

In reply to Re: security problem, posted by alexandra_k on February 16, 2019, at 9:44:25

but let's face it, i'm competing with their grandkids for places!

see...

if i don't want to play the 'everything must take generations game' i need to appreciate that everyone around me is focussed on playing that game.

and all the educational resources go into their development.

magicking them places up and out and away when they are 17 or 18 so that they don't have to be seen in the public places in this country.

the idea of first year seems to be to present things so awfully... their limited one year exposure to how the 'rest of them' live and conduct themselves so they will do anything anything anything anything anything to get selected (and presumably stay) in whatever it is that their parents and grandparents managed to cook up for them. medicine. law. whatever.

this hellish place...

this country really and truly is developing backwards.

that's the plan for helping maaori forwards.

the civilisation aspect. all of that... goes away.

the people don't even seem to realise.

 

Re: security problem

Posted by alexandra_k on February 16, 2019, at 14:25:35

In reply to Re: security problem, posted by alexandra_k on February 16, 2019, at 9:48:14

And of course I will finish it (because I said something once about how it is hard to finish things when you don't have anything organised to go straight into -- which will be why they are trying to do this to me, now, I imagine. In the spirit of if you think you have any kind of a glimmer or hint of a weakness then you wanna go poke poke poke poke poke). But whether they get to claim it as theirs is something else.

 

Re: idiocy problem

Posted by alexandra_k on February 17, 2019, at 0:51:48

In reply to Re: security problem, posted by alexandra_k on February 16, 2019, at 14:25:35

I guess the idea is that I email my supervisor regularly. For a timeline. Since I'm inept at doing one. I mean, I did one. And it looked like this: Since I was told to allow up to 3 months for examination my submission date is 3 months prior to when I need examination to be wrapped up by.

But clearly that timeline was completely and utterly inept. I mean, I did that timeline. I showed it to people. I worked towards it for months. Then when I did what it said (submitted when I said I was going to) everyone... Acted all surprised. Like they simply did not see it coming, at all!

So I guess... If I'm supposed to keep working for at least 6 months... Full time... I guess I'm going to need my supervisor to do it for me. I'll need a timeline of what work I'm going to do by the month, week, day. I mean 8 hours tomorrow Dear Supervisor what am I going to do! I don't know how to manage my time! Do it for me! WHat could I possibly do for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for 6 months making my thesis better (and not merely different). I'm afraid the abstract simply doesn't work for me. Concrete suggestions only. 8 hours of them. Each and every f*ck*ng day for 8 months.

Or... Just sign the f*ck*ng forms already that I'm done.

For f*cks sake.

 

Re: idiocy problem

Posted by ert on February 17, 2019, at 1:13:32

In reply to Re: idiocy problem, posted by alexandra_k on February 17, 2019, at 0:51:48

About what is then the topic of your thesis, dear Alexandra ? I must be something special considered by the fact that the examiners are not well versed in these matters.

You should stop smoking. Youre privileged with the good air that blows from the ocean into the village. But maybe youre in a valley, so you dont breathe the clean air.

Have you already seen the film Braindead or Dead alive from peter Jackson ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braindead_(film)

You could make a sequel and send the plot to Peter Jackson. Maybe he still lives in Wellington.
Youre older than I am.

 

Re: idiocy problem

Posted by ert on February 17, 2019, at 1:15:09

In reply to Re: idiocy problem, posted by ert on February 17, 2019, at 1:13:32

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braindead_(film)

 

Re: idiocy problem

Posted by ert on February 17, 2019, at 1:16:51

In reply to Re: idiocy problem, posted by ert on February 17, 2019, at 1:15:09

the input field obviously does not accept parentheses.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103873/

 

Re: idiocy problem

Posted by ert on February 17, 2019, at 2:22:07

In reply to Re: idiocy problem, posted by ert on February 17, 2019, at 1:16:51

> the input field obviously does not accept parentheses.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103873/

https://youtu.be/IJmyhrnLYBU

 

Re: idiocy problem ert

Posted by alexandra_k on February 17, 2019, at 19:05:12

In reply to Re: idiocy problem, posted by ert on February 17, 2019, at 1:13:32

> About what is then the topic of your thesis, dear Alexandra? I must be something special considered by the fact that the examiners are not well versed in these matters.

Nah. It's just a tiny tin pot country without many thesis examiners. It's because it's a response to the more recent stuff I've been learning and seeing in our Universities. Censorship has been a recent issue / problem for us in this country. I have things to say. They don't know where I am coming from.

> You should stop smoking. Youre privileged with the good air that blows from the ocean into the village. But maybe youre in a valley, so you dont breathe the clean air.

I did stop smoking :)

> Have you already seen the film Braindead or Dead alive from peter Jackson ?

I have seen Braindead many many many many many many times. It was a real favorite when I was a teenager.

:-)

 

Re: idiocy problem

Posted by alexandra_k on September 1, 2019, at 4:01:27

In reply to Re: idiocy problem ert, posted by alexandra_k on February 17, 2019, at 19:05:12

https://helenclarknz.com/

well, they sent Helen back.

for a bit. something something about international money to try and help... i don't know. via AUT (not Auckland) to try and help fund some quality research for good, or something like that.

maybe they do it so i don't have to.

feeling down after applying for jobs...

but i shouldn't feel down. i should feel... okay. i should feel okay about things.

the initial stages are just data collection. they see that i am looking and what i am looking at / for. they find that out by advertising things that aren't real. so it isn't that they are intentionally wasting your time with b*llsh*t (the idea is) they are rather seeing the scope and range and diversity of positions you are applying for / to.

and maybe not with a view to forcing you to go low, low, low, lower, even lower, how much lower can we get her to go?

maybe actually with a view to finding a good match.

one can only hope.

anyway, there were a couple of things to apply to / for.

it is sad, i think. when the situation is that one is actually expected to spend however much time of each week / day looking looking looking continually looking for better opportunities.

one is actually expected to dump ones job and take up a new one every year or similar.

same for housing.

the people can spend their time looking for the next opportunity...

because there isn't any progression built in.

you don't develop your house. you move out. then the next poor sucker gets the house you left. maybe worse than you found it, even.

same goes for your old job.

sigh.

it seems to me to be really very inefficient.

 

Re: idiocy problem

Posted by alexandra_k on September 1, 2019, at 4:10:12

In reply to Re: idiocy problem, posted by alexandra_k on September 1, 2019, at 4:01:27

and most of the jobs just don't seem appealing, at all.

i suppose they are intentionally designed to be unappealing. to see who wil apply for them / who will take them.

there was this thing about how the junior doctors were saying they didn't have enough skilled senior people. then the district health board says they can't recruit qualified people for the position. then the junior doctors point out they are basically hiding the advertisement for the position. or they are intentionally making the position out to be an awful one (hoping it won't get filled so they don't have to pay anyone).

i don't know if you are supposed to apply for jobs you aren't qualified for... i do not mean lie about your qualifications. i mean apply for jobs you aren't qualified for and be honest about your lack of qualification and honest about your desire / willingness to learn.

it seems they advertise that you should have a degree in this or that or the next thing before you get to wash dishes, you see...

or you need to be a registered bio-medical whatever to work in a medical laboratory. which probably involves things like... putting agar in the dishes.

anyway... we will see.

i didn't go to university for however many years and work as hard as i did to get the grades that i did to take... whatever.

Sal Kahn said something about 1 year of frictional unemployment. so i am not allowed to get depressed about things until 1 year.

i guess because people start applying to move on after they have been wherever after only 6 months.

that's what i heard from someone English. Most people start applying for the next thing after only 6 months.

i don't know if I should start applying for things overseas. if i can't do medicine, here, well... i only came back here because i thought my doing medicine was a no brainer. because i didn't realise how corrupt things were, here. people refusing to calculate my GPA... refusing to sign off on my thesis... i did not know how corrupt things were, here. failing me for population health *essays*. i did not know how corrupt things were, here.


This is the end of the thread.


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Administration | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.